Flat Panel Tv's...

justin_tx_16

We just bought a new house and the only place for teh TV is WAY off center, like 4-5 feet from where the center of teh speakres would be. There is a fire place int eh way. Now, we could put a TV above teh fireplace but it would have to be at most 5 inches thick... can you find any Flat Panel TV's that cost no more tahn $5000? I sure hope there is such a thing, or else we will have to have an off axis HT <<<weeps>>>

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

i know you all are diing to answer this... Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

ohwell... does not matter anyways... dad decided to just put up the picture of Versialles.... (spelling WAY off LoL) but now my uncle has the idea i once had... anyone have any ideas? if no responces then that is ok... i know you can not know everthing Smile.gif but try if you can Smile.gif thanks Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

Well done Justin...3 POSTS TO YOURSELF! WOO HOO

Keep the counter rolling Smile.gif

I know you want your ADMINISTRATOR SIX STAR badge,not this year 3000 posts if still far from ADMIN. Wink.gif

No cant answer the flat panel question,most plasma panels cost way more.Your only hope would be a LCD,you can only get around 24" for this price and need a digital FP conection.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

ohwell... it just seemed that i had seen some like $6000 ones somewhere... Zenith maybe... Well, i will see about a projecter, maybe i can find one that has a decent picture and is pretty small... thanks for the reply anyways Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

Justin,

Would a front projection with a pull down or motorized screen work? I was going to buy a 65" Elite rear projection hdtv but its cabinet was too large and at the time I had a pair of Carver amazing III, dipole ribbon speakers, and they need the breathing room (nothing between them for proper imaging and sound stage), so I opted for front projection and love it, its 105" compared to 65"!! Currentley I'm projecting onto the wall painted snowbird gray. Later I would like to have a motorized screen ect...

Paul

------------------

Paul Ward

my home theater www.brookesbakersurveyors.com/klipschht.htm

• Like 1

well, a motorized screen would be ideal since teh other background is red brick LoL! thanks for the reply... Smile.gif it would be a front projection, and not a HIGE deal on super high quality picture... just basic, but still good. thanks agian! how much would this stuff cost?

------------------

-justin

Here is a link to projector central. It has alot of useful information. A good motorized screen is kind of expensive when compared to the projector ($1500 up). A manual screen is less. I demoed several projectors befor deciding in the Infocus.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/consultants_corner.cfm?ci=home_theater

------------------

Paul Ward

my home theater www.brookesbakersurveyors.com/klipschht.htm

• Like 1

A Fujitsu Plasma TV can be had for the price range you are looking. They look awesome with the right source hooked up (Don't use Cable TV). A progressive scan DVD player, and/or HD satellite is the way to go. If you can spend the money, it's definitely worth it. You may not get the performance of a high-end projector, but you will be the envy of any guests you have over (they won't know the difference anyway, they will say it's the most amazing thing they've ever seen)!!!

so, how much is it? they have Time Warner Digital cable... some channels are in HDTV. THanks!

------------------

-justin