Subwoofers

florese

those are not quite matching subwoofers as the person owns rf82 and the rw12 would do amirably. The rt12d and the kw120 are out of the speaker's league

Huh? [:^)]

I disagree. The RF82s, which are only 3rd down the totem pole in the Reference line-up, have dual 8" woofers and are only out-woofed by the RF83s, which have triple 8" woofers.

The RW12 would not keep up so well with these 98dB sensitivity speakers. If he got an RW-12d he'd always be wishing for more. Might as well get the better-performer, now. The Klipsch-recommended sub for an RF82-based system is the RSW-10d.

Are you basing the perceived "league" upon their relative prices? Because the RSW and RT subs are definitely in another league, performance-wise. An RT-12d, even at twice the cost of the RF82s, would be an awesome sub with those speakers.

RW-12d = 340watt amp

RSW-10d = 500watt amp

RT-10d = 700watt amp

RT-12d = 800watt amp

You can never have too much sub....just about every commercial unit is undersized already. And when crossing over to the mains at 80Hz, you're going to get better midrange performance on the speakers with less drivers. Annoyingly, the 83/63 speakers are the only ones with the better tweeter so the analogy isn't perfect.

Anyways, it is not bad advice to recommend going as overkill as possible on the sub. There is more bang for the buck to be achieved there than bouncing between various models in the reference lineup.

those are not quite matching subwoofers as the person owns rf82 and the rw12 would do amirably. The rt12d and the kw120 are out of the speaker's league

huh...uhhhhhhhh .... LOL

Why be short on sub capability,with today's faker than fake Hoolywoodd movies and remakes of old fakes special effects lace the audio part,you better have a sub capable of doing justice to the big KABOOMS,FARTOOMS and orange fireballs.

everyone jumps the gun to get the biggest baddest sub but sometimes people have priorities like space and money. I am just giving him what is matching.....

"Space and money priorities"?

You are in the wrong hobby with those priorities.

Just kidding. I understand your point.

True if space is a top priority get a B0$e.... If money is in very short supply get some LoudMedias...

A true audiophile elitist has both money and will find the space for larger gear. [:D]

..................or.......

You could always do like me and buy a SVS PB/Plus2, or do like TheEAR...... and buy every subwoofer ever made by mankind.....and incorporate every one of them simultaneously into your soundsystem.....[;)]

When it comes to subs...... The EAR'meister is da man!!

..................or.......

You could always do like me and buy a SVS PB/Plus2, or do like TheEAR...... and buy every subwoofer ever made by mankind.....and incorporate every one of them simultaneously into your soundsystem.....[;)]

When it comes to subs...... The EAR'meister is da man!!

The EARmeister indeed.