Cornwall's come home to NY's Hudson Valley

As some of you know, I bought Budman's 1972, all original vertical Cornwall's.

I drove 22 hours out of 24 one day last week to bring them home.

11 hours out to Ohio got me to budman's house at around 1 AM.

Budman was very helpful, he and his son loaded the Cornwall's in the back of the rented van.

After 11 more hours on the road, the Cornwall's were off loaded here at my Hudson Valley home.

I live just above the Hudson River in New York State, and the view from my backyard is of a place called Cornwall on Hudson, NY.

I kid you not.

Thanks for the Beautiful Cornwall's Budman, and it was great meeting you and your boy.

~Noah

Those are beautiful CWs. Well worth the trip. Not many around as nice as he keeps his. Price more than fair also. Envy here. Be proud of those great speakers. I have a friend that was looking at them before you snarfed them up. He and his wife were "twiddling thumbs" and finally made up their minds AFTER you bought them. Snooze you lose.

Congrats.

Harry

Thanks fellows, it was an OK road trip as road trips go.

No tickets, no accidents,

almost no sleep, almost no traffic, almost no Troopers,

too much Gas @$160, too many miles @1400.

Al in all it cost 25 cents per mile w/ rental fees and gas.

Thank you Rental Car Co for not charging me extra for all that millage, $100 a day looks like a bargain in hind site.

Hey OB, I am a "down-stater" compared to you, but who isn't? LOL

Thanks fellows, it was an OK road trip as road trips go.

No tickets, no accidents,

almost no sleep, almost no traffic, almost no Troopers,

too much Gas @$160, too many miles @1400.

Al in all it cost 25 cents per mile w/ rental fees and gas.

Thank you Rental Car Co for not charging me extra for all that millage, $100 a day looks like a bargain in hind site.

Hey OB, I am a "down-stater" compared to you, but who isn't? LOL

The Guys over on the Wrong, I mean WEST side of the State...............I'm overhere on the Right side...at the foot of the Beautiful Adirondack Park, up in the North Country........UPSTATE ends in Albany............

Ah, fond memories...was born at Vasser in Poughkeepsie (my grandparents lived there for many years) and lived in a quite little country town northeast of there called Pleasant Valley for a while. That was back in the '60s and '70s; unfortunantly, I haven't been back there in ages. Still remember the annual Dutchess County Fair and the train ride along the old New York Central System (and the vacant castle along the mighty Hudson), and the rolling hills while traveling the scenic Taconic State Parkway. I assume it's all changed since I was there last over 30 some-odd years ago...hopefully for the better.

Enjoy those classic Cornwalls...sounds like they're right at home now.

Hi jt,

Glad to have stirred some good memories. That castle in the Hudson you remember is called Bannermans Castle, here is a Wiko-Link;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bannerman's_Castle

Some days I will sit in my Lily garden and look over at Bannerman's, Storm King Mountain and the Break Neck cliffs. Your train went right under Break Neck as you passed the castle.

30 years ago there was a lot more un-developed farm land then there is now. I could do with out the development and the traffic.

The population pressure from south of here is always causing change, some of it good, some "not so much".

Yet the Hudson Highlands, The river Valley and our mountains remain so beautiful. 4 seasons of beauty.

As for the Cornwall's, I am going to start a thread asking about the cross-over options available. I think cross-overs are needed.

Take care,

~Noah

Good Man, fetching those lovelies yourself puts you in the upper class here at the Forum

"Cornwall on Hudson" - dig it! I suggest using that as your avatar location!

That's dedication, renting a vehicle to pick up your Cornies, glad the trip was without incident.

Pray tell, what was the dietary damage along the way? (just for fun)

M

Yes, Noah, it is pretty up that way (to include upstate where OB is). My married brother and his family live out west in Niagara Falls; it's okay but way too blue-collar industrial there for my tastes.

I'd take Michael up on his recommendation to change your avatar title...that's so fitting for you and your latest aquisition; a perfect match IMO.

Upgrading your Cornwall's crossovers will definately improve their sonics, and you have plenty of help here to chose from on these forums.

Thanks for rekindling the memories, and for the castle link.