Home Theater System (Suggestions Please)

Groto

Hi, my parents are putting in a home theater and I was wondering what
you guys would think of this setup:

The room dimensions are about 15x19 and the room will be acoustically treated.

Klipsch RF-82s fronts

RF-64 center (I know the 62 matches but since the center is such an
important speaker I thought it would be ok to step up. Let me know if
this is too much and would drown out the fronts.. I think I remember
earlier in the klipsch owner's thread people using this with the RF-82s
though)

RB-61 rears

RS-52 sides

HSU VTF-3-MK3 subwoofer

My question is would the RB-61s match well enough with the RF-82s and
RC-64? Would it be better to use four RB-61s and no RS-52? I didn't
think of RS-52s for the rears (for 7.1) since the sound comes more out
of the side rather then directly straight. Or would using all RS-52s be
good? I'm trying not to use the RB-81s or RS-62s since they are huge,
but if they would be the best to use with this setup I will try and
make it work.

Are the RS's bipoles, dipoles, or capable of functioning as both depending on some setting?

Thanks!

EDIT: I have another problem now...because of the design of the room and special columns on the walls I need to use RB-51s and/or RS-42s for the surrounds because anything else is too big. I know these aren't the ideal match but aren't surrounds the least important speaker since the least amount of sound goes to them? Could these be calibrated to have a louder default volume with the receiver? It doesn't need to be exactly perfect. What do you all think? I hope I don't need to get smaller mains and center =/

Welcome to the forum! I'm not familiar with the new reference line but you've been left hanging here so:

I agree with you're thinking on the rc-64. If music will be a big part of this room I personally would use the rb's instead of any rs because of the way the sound is directed. I would think you could use a spl meter & test disc to calibrate all spks to the same db level.

This is totally ignoring how the room will be "treated". There are a few on the board who are guru's in this regard & to them I defer.

Wow you are purchasing the exact system I own. I have a denon 2807 reciever, RF82s, RC62, RS52s, and RB61s for rear Surrounds along with a 3.3 HSU.

I think this setup is perfect. If you can afford it I would get the RC64. You can never go wrong and sometimes(although not often) I find the center speaker lacking(althouth I have been meaning to run it about 1 db hot).

The RB61s match just fine with the entire system as rear surrounds. I would not go with WDST speakers for rear surrounds. The RS52s are neither bipoles or dipoles. They are proprietary Wide Dispersion Surround Technology that Klipsch uses. I have tried them as rear surrounds and like the direct much better.

If you want to see my setup go here. I have pics. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=10823268#post10823268

Thanks for the replies! My problem now is becuase of the design of the room we have to use RB-51s. Would these be good enough still? Would they need to be turned up a bit at the default level with the receiver? My other problem is that these are rear ported and would be hung on the wall. They are actually going to be hung on a 1in thick column that is connected to the wall. Behind the column is just air/fiberglass. Would cutting a hole in the column where the speaker port is allow enough air for the speaker? What are all of your suggestions?

The bigger RB-61s are too wide and deep for the setup we are going to have. Thanks

Thanks for the links. I just found that that it is possible to set each speaker on a small shelf instead. Would it be alright just having the RB-51s sitting on shelves about an inch from the wall? Would that amount of space be adequate?

In general, placing a speaker closer to the back wall will produce more bass, 1" is not optimal, but is enough to breathe. You will probably be running the speakers as small and there will not be much bass anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue.