Beater LS Cabinets available at Indy - Maybe more?

WMcD

Dear Frends.

Sorry this is late and somewhat indefinite.

Some time ago I bought some very, very beat up LS. I thought I'd fix them up. Nope, I'll never get around to it.

My first thought was to just offer the cabinets. I can then experiment with the drivers, horns, and crossovers. I was offering the cabinets in exchange for two Stanley thermos bottles (one regular, one wide mouth) in the past. That deal didn't quite work out.

So, I will be attending Indy. I will be renting a minivan or SUV to bring along the cabinets, at least. I have not taken out any hardware.

Is anyone interested in the cabinets? Second, I could be convinced to sell the whole units as they are. Sub $500. Voice coils are good. I don't know what is inside the bass bins.

Whatever happens may evolve in the coming days. But if anyone is interested, they might want to bring a bigger transport to Indy.

I suppose we could have a Dutch auction for such stuff.

Talk to me.

Gil

I

Are they just scruffy looking or are they delaminated.

I have an empty set of LaScala's that are in great condition and am looking for another that are not delaminated.

I had 2 other pairs but gave them away to forum members.

I considering making some Jubilee's out of 2 pairs of LaScala's.

No, they're not delaminating. There are somethings about the top section which is not quite normal. I think they were flown (there are eyehooks) and the top pulled off and was put back. I looks like a section was sawn off. They have casters.

I'll post some pictures tonight.

Gil

I may not be able to get to photos.

I'll bring them to Indy, as is with drivers installed, and some tools.

Of course if anyone wants to make a firm commitment just now, that will be honored of course.

You guys tomorrow night.

Gil

Anybody with room coming back through Arkansas? Sounds like what i'm looking for.

Arky, I'm taking my Yukon XL, but I could only get as far as St. Louis area, I've got plenty of room to store them until further arrangements can be made. Just a thought.

Thank you for the offer but it would be months before I could get up there to grab them.