You guys listened to something in the Cornwall Room?

I gotta say, I thought that room sounded bad. Something wasn't right in there for sure. Cornwalls didn't sound good. I have Cornwalls. I wanted to go back in there to have my way with the system but didn't. I think I didn't hear them without the center and/or subs. That must've been nuking the sound from them.

Way too dampened and not at all live..... I said that I felt the cornwalls were like two mag-lite flashlights on focused beam into my ear. The soundstage to me was near nonexistant.

Larry C if you remember I have asked you for the name of the dvd that you played prior to the arranged auditioning. I believe this is the dvd if I am not mistaken? Thank you for posting it up before I even had to remember to ask.

Oops, I'd forgotten your request, but I did play the opening of that Carmina Burana ("O fortuna") earlier in the day, so, yes, that would be the one.

• 3 months later...

Thanks, Amy! I wanted this brought back to life to remind people because I'm suggesting another classical DVD session at the 2008 Pilgrimage.

She had to rummage through the archives in the basement of the Klipsch Museum in Hope to find it. Brought it up on the hand-crank elevator, I believe. [:)]

If you liked Dr. Larry's presintation at the pilgramage you should have signed up for the get togather on the 20th of this month and attend the concert at Strathmore Hall in Maryland. Last year even after the problems Larry suffered with his neck, he was still able to put together a pamplet with all kinds of information on the concert that we all went to. He is very knowlagable in classical music and loves to share what he knows. I do believe if you had the time he could spend hours and hours on this subject.

Larry is a real cool guy. My first meeting with him was arranged by GaryMD. I wanted someone to go with me to check out the pair of LaScalas I bought in Maryland and while talking with Gary he told me that the speakers were very close to where Larry lived. So he called Larry and he agreed to go with me. I met Larry at his house and was able to hear his system then we drove a few miles away to check out the Lascalas which I ended up buying.

My advice is that if Larry is throwing a party, make plans to attend.

Steve

Last year even after the problems Larry suffered with his neck, he was still able to put together a pamplet with all kinds of information on the concert that we all went to. He is very knowlagable in classical music and loves to share what he knows. I do believe if you had the time he could spend hours and hours on this subject.

Thank you, Steve!

HOWEVER, the folders people got were completed and put together by Garymd! I'd gathered part of it and started to slip things into the folders, but Gary took it right over with his usual cheerful air, downloaded more things to complete the package, and had them all ready to go at the dinner and concert! Couldn't have been done without him!

Marty very much chipped in, too -- put people up, and transported quite a few around including picking me up and dropping me off at the hospital, and even took time to deliver a TT to someone while he was at it! I don't see how he did all that, but he sure made it look easy.

It really pays to have outstanding people take part in something like this!

Larry

...Sounds like a Three Dog Night song...

Try the Beatles and Joe Cocker... [;)]

Doc was in the correct decade at least.

Larry, this marks the year anniversary since your incident. I'd forgotten the hospital smuggling escapade. Are you back up to snuff?

Yeah, I'd say so. A little neck achiness now and then. I think I was very lucky. The hospital staff were very helpful, and the Navy hospital Chief of Medicine and his wife took my proffered free tickets to closely accompany me. And, as I said above, Gary and Marty stepped right in. Worked out very well.