Finally found Heresy's ....yeah!!!

Morton

If you only new how long I have been pursuing Heresy's and Quartet's. I found a beautiful pair of HWO Heresy's. Consecutive serial Nos. Risers too. I believe they are 1982's. Not a mark on them and they sound great. Paid $325. Thank you very much. I was immediately struck by the more defined sound compared to my KG's. I was also struck by the missing bottom end. I have a bit of rocker left in me though I listen to everything. I am "not" complaining as I new what I was getting and I am happy. But, I think I am going to have to get a sub and what the heck, I'll use them in my home theater, and I always wanted a little thump for movies (though suprisingly my KG3's went very low, nice speaker).

So my question to this great forum....you guys have been excellent mentors in my musical pursuits....What is a decent sub for the Heresy's, you know, integrates nicely with out to much thump. Just nice bass.

Thanks again guys....

Morton

Got them off craigslist in Fairfield county, Ct. They were sitting there for 4 days and the guy was only getting responses from NYC...goofy ones and some other guy didn't want to pay S&H charges. No nicks, scratches, hwo. I feel very lucky. On risers right now. Love the sound. Need oil and a going over. Then I'll look into a sub or use my KG4's as rears and play a lot of DVD-audios. (:

Any sub will do to start, passive or active. Run it off SPEAKERS 2 connectors from your amp/receiver. That way, you can eliminate it if you want. If you want REAL BOTTOM END, you will have to fork out some bucks to pick up bottom end tonal clarity. Too much stuff out there is just delivering sloppy so-called bass. A friend of many years ago bought Heresy speakers. He swore by them, touting their life-like reproductive ability. Of course, that was pre-digital age where we now explore the sub 20Hz zone the FEEL zone where the ears are secondary to other senses. Others on this forum have great success with Heresys. I think PWK thought up the right name for them. They have the same horns as the Cornwall but with different xover, cabinet and bass driver. I am looking intently for a pair myself. I had Cornwalls but they were huge and didn't image like my JBL monitors in my 15x15 room. Also, horns are great for home theater. I repeat, HORNS ARE GREAT FOR HOME THEATER.

Put them closer to the floor.................No sub needed with TUBES.........I use Tubes and a Sub, have to turn sub down.........I use a Scott 299-D, with a JBL Sub, H2's about 6" off floor................I also use KG4's in HT for rears.......use the KG's and Heresy's as a four speaker set-up for 2 channel, the bass response of the KG's will help the Heresy's............there's a few ideas.......

Thanks for all the feedback on my new "old Heresy's". I really enjoy the wide open sound with these. This is something new for me. I will play around with placement though they do sound pretty good where I have them. I'm not looking for big time bass but a little more bottom roll would be nice. I don't have tubes at the moment but had them in my bunker (basement) system. Ran the Kg4's off them. Very impressivve. Amp went bad though... In my system with the Heresy's I am running a Denon home theater settup with the 2910 DVD player. I will probably look for a sub....maybe a KSW 10 or 12 and see if I like the quaulity of the bass. There is one locally for $200-KSW12. I also may bring up the KG4's and use them for rears for HT. My Kg3's actually went deeper but need more power for their kind of sound.

I'm happy to be in the Heritage sound. The wait has been worth it. A more complete sound. This is fun!!

Heritage goes well with Heritage. I really like my Scalas, but the whole system moved a leap ahead when I replaced 4 Paradigm Atom surrounds with 2 Heresy II surrounds. With 2 Scalas and 2 Heresy IIs, it seems like everything fell into place and now I have bigger smoother sound even at low volume.

I wish I had a couple of Lascala's (: and a living room to put them in. Maybe the next house. But I can imagine you are talking about great sound. The review in one of the last Stereophile magazines had a nice couple of pages on the new Lascala's. In fact, the reviewer bought the samples. Nuf said.

Bob