Need help to fix my RF-7

falcon20x

I just bought this brand new RF-7, took it out of the box and this is what happened ( see pictures).

It looks like the board came unglued, anyone has any ideas how to fix it?

I'm still looking for his missing brother so if someone finds it, let me know [;)]

Well, the motor board came loose from the cabinet. Klipsch had a lot of trouble with this type of problem with the KLF series, but it was fixed with the RF series that followed. Call Klipsch service and ask for advice. They have helped other owners with similar problems.

Bill

falcon20x: I know this sounds like an odd request, but before you seal the speaker back up, would you mind taking a few shots of the interior of the cabinet and the back of the motorboard with the three drivers? Your first two shots are very good. I have always been curious as to what the interior of the RF-7s look like. I recently acquired a pair, and I have not had the space to open the boxes, place them, and listen to them. I am dying to though.

Anyhoo, I really hope you find a solution. From the looks of it, perhaps a generous bead of good wood glue around the entire motorboard would do the trick. I am not sure if it would be wood to wood contact though.

Well, the motor board came loose from the cabinet. Klipsch had a lot of trouble with this type of problem with the KLF series, but it was fixed with the RF series that followed. Call Klipsch service and ask for advice. They have helped other owners with similar problems.

Bill

Good idea, I will do that

falcon20x: I know this sounds like an odd request, but before you seal the speaker back up, would you mind taking a few shots of the interior of the cabinet and the back of the motorboard with the three drivers?  Your first two shots are very good.  I have always been curious as to what the interior of the RF-7s look like. I recently acquired a pair, and I have not had the space to open the boxes, place them, and listen to them. I am dying to though.

Anyhoo, I really hope you find a solution.  From the looks of it, perhaps a generous bead of good wood glue around the entire motorboard would do the trick.  I am not sure if it would be wood to wood contact though.

As soon as I get home I will do that.
I know what you mean, I have always wanted to know how they were build but never dared to take one a part.

falcon20x: I know this sounds like an odd request, but before you seal the speaker back up, would you mind taking a few shots of the interior of the cabinet and the back of the motorboard with the three drivers? Your first two shots are very good. I have always been curious as to what the interior of the RF-7s look like. I recently acquired a pair, and I have not had the space to open the boxes, place them, and listen to them. I am dying to though.

Anyhoo, I really hope you find a solution. From the looks of it, perhaps a generous bead of good wood glue around the entire motorboard would do the trick. I am not sure if it would be wood to wood contact though.

As soon as I get home I will do that.
I know what you mean, I have always wanted to know how they were build but never dared to take one a part.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it[:D]