Favorite demo DVD

pretzelb

I'd have to agree with Audioholic and add Gladiator to my list.

A couple years ago an A/V magazine reviewer was discussing the DTS/Widescreen version of Saving Private Ryan and concluded his review by saying that it was indeed a reference standard disc, especially for its audio. His last words in the review were:

"Pray for your subwoofer!"

No kidding! Anyone who has that DVD would agree.

However, I'm not sure I would choose that DVD to demo an HT system with. At least not in a store. Anyone shopping there who was planning on going out to eat soon afterwards would lose their appetite after experiencing the Omaha Beach invasion scene. Maybe the last battle scene would be more tolerable. A bit less blood and gore, but still lots of explosions that may leave the viewer, especially a Saving Private Ryan newbie with a case of shell shock.

Still, its a movie everyone should see. A movie we owe it to our parent's generation, or for some of you, your grandparent's generation to see. It's not 100% factual like Band of Brothers, but, like Schindler's List(which was factual), it's important enough to see. Speaking of BoB, I hope that also comes out on DVD.

The new Paul Simon DVD is DD and DTS and is pretty decent.

And for you WHO fans, Live at Royal Albert Hall (with friends), recorded a year ago with Zak Starkey on drums is a crank-up killer DVD in DD and DTS!

I just got "The Fast and The Furious" movie yesterday, have to see if it lives up to it's stellar reviews...

PhilH

Mike, I guess I'm with you! Loved Pulp Fiction, and have literally fallen asleep durring every "viewing" of every "Star Wars" movie, in theaters or at home. Not to say that they were bad experiences.cwm37.gif .

PhilH, I thought "The Fast and Furrious" was about Ray Garrisson's LaScallas...now THAT would keep me awake!

fini