KLF-30 Converted Center - "Horn-Ed" mod w/Popbumper upgraded network F/S

wjfranke

Ok,

So I posted a thread over on the updates/mods forum about the "Horn-Ed" center mod to the KLF-30. I was able to use in my system as a back surround - 6.1 setup, but have decided to sell the speaker anyways. We could use the extra cash and my significant other does not approve of my new speaker as adding more ambience to our living room. So, it's for sale for $550 plus shipping. First, I live in New Orleans and would absolutely love for someone to pick it up. I'm in Houston frequently, and would be willing to drive some to meet up with someone (maybe 100 miles or so). Will be in Gulf Shores at end of August as well. I have the original box, and will also double box & extra duct tape it for some additional protection. So, I would be willing to ship through DHL to continental US as long as the buyer pays for shipping. I would imagine that it will be ~$100 to most places.

Here's a link to the DIY thread:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/848523.aspx

As you can see, it includes the upgraded network from PopBumper. The $550 essentially covers my cost for the speaker and upgraded network. So, I feel like it is a more than fair price given the number of hours I put into converting it. There is some small paint wear on one side of the speaker. I put the mid-range on that side, and thus it should be the bottom and hidden.

Here's a couple of pics:

post-15946-1381933877878_thumb.jpg

Damn....I just bought another KLF-C7 three days ago (and I live in Mandeville). My wife will likely blow a gasket if I add another $550 speaker to the system.

Should have waited. Anybody want one or two KLF-C7's?

KLF-30 Mains

KLF-C7 Centers (2 now)

KSP-S6's Surrounds

KLF-10's Surround Back

Well...one's upstairs in the theater. The other is supposed to be in truck somewhere between here and Michigan (I think). I think that the one I just bought is in better shape than the one here (a couple of nicks) but I'll have to wait to open the box to be sure. Maybe we can work something out if the KLF-30 center isn't scarfed up in the next day or so.

If you sell this, please remove the PopBumper network and package separately. Those little plastic posts on the back of the jack cup weren't meant to support the massive crossover and will surely snap off in shipping. (just trying to save a little agony).

Looks like nice work on those speakers. Surely to make someone here happy.

Damn....I just bought another KLF-C7 three days ago (and I live in Mandeville). My wife will likely blow a gasket if I add another $550 speaker to the system.

Should have waited. Anybody want one or two KLF-C7's?

PM Sent, AL.

KLF-30 Mains

KLF-C7 Centers (2 now)

KSP-S6's Surrounds

KLF-10's Surround Back