DBX and Denon 3300

Cruzer

Well, more than likely your gonna need a couple of open tape loops or, as labled on some newer equipment, an "external processor" loop. Once the "In's and out's" are connected you must engage that tape loop and keep it on. I'm not real familiar with Denon equipment but the connections are pretty much the same with any preamp, integrated, receiver etc...

A BIG WARNING!! Dynamic range expanders can and will destroy tweeters on super efficiant speakers (anything above 90db/1 watt@1 meter) I currently have a 3BX Series Two in storage for that very reason. I blew three tweeters before I convinced myself what was doing it. Range expanders can cause the amp to "run out of gas" when the volume is set to whatever level. The expander is asking the amp to put out more power than what it's able to. It doesn't matter how many watts per channel the amp can put out, the amp is always being held back (on purpose by the volume control) and the expander is asking it put out more than is possible at the current volume position.

When this is done is causes the amp to 'clip'. Meaning the top of the sine wave, if you were looking at an occilloscope, has it's top end sharply cut (or clipped) off. When this happens it causes an ultra-high frequency to be put through the tweeters. Tweeters hate this and will eventually blow.

When range expanders are used with very efficiant speakers (ie. Klipsch) they must be used with much moderation. Almost to the point where you can't tell it's active.

Personally, I would leave the Range Expanders to much less efficiant speakers.

Sorry, I don't have any experience with the Subharmonic Controller.

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany (Cornell Hotwired)

McIntosh C33 Preamp

McIntosh MVP-841 CD/DVD

Rotel RB-1080 Amp

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer