center channel for cornwalls

Shodrewken

If I had the space, I already know the answer to this question. I'd either get a another cw or a heresy to make the blend as good as possible. However, due to the size of my listening room, either speaker will not be a viable option. so I was looking on the Klipsch website, and while looking at the CW's, the lower section of the page said related products and it showed the Klipsch Academy. Would this speaker be a good center channel for my CW's? Would the blend be good. If not what would be another option for a center channel?

Unfortunately its still too large. I need something that can be mounted on the wall easily or sit on a shelf of the entertainment center. BTW thats an AWESOME setup you have in there damonrpayne! If I had the space I'd go for a vertical cw in a second! I guess vertical cw's aren't very common?

Yup sounds like you already know the answer. Best match in this order Cornwall -> Heresy -> Academy -> Custom built (which quite a few have done). I currently have a Vertical Cornwall as my center channel but I have also used a Heresy. The Heresy was fine as long as you crossed it over at 80Hz or so. Running it full range for 5 channel music it could just not keep up.

A couple of people have taken a Heresy , removed the tweeter and midrange horns and remounted them to fit their configuration (they don't ahve to be sealed). Then you seal the holes in the Heresy and it becomes the bass bin for the horns but it can be moved around a bit. You run 2 sets of wires from the crossover in the Heresy to the tweeter and midrange.

Laters,

Jeff

Dang, I wish I had a bigger room to work with [:P], eq_shadimar I took a peek at your layout, its very nice!

Anyone know who on the forum has done the custom heresy configuration?

And secondly, does anyone know how much Academy's are going for?

Probably even more rare than the Cornwall - Academy or Heresy center combination, I am running Cornwalls with a Forte center sitting horizontally. Not as small as the Academy, not as large as the Cornwall, Forte is a surprisingly adequate and well matched center for Corns. Regardless, Forte KICKS as a center!

FYI's - Academies, when available, typically fetch around $500

Chris

Yeah I'd love to have a cornwall or a forte for a center, but my living is so small, I just can't accommodate either one.

Thanks for the head up on the academy price. Forum member tigerwoodKhorns says he has an academy he wants to sell but he hasn't replied back yet, I'm hoping I can get a hold of him soon....

Thanks for the nice comments!

Here is a link to some pictures with the split Heresy (it is not my system just to be clear).

Look at that picture and the couple before and after.

Laters,

Jeff

Dang, I wish I had a bigger room to work with [:P], eq_shadimar I took a peek at your layout, its very nice!

Anyone know who on the forum has done the custom heresy configuration?

And secondly, does anyone know how much Academy's are going for?