noobie wanting HT

Kid22

I am sick of throwing away HTIB's I have been through 3 in 3 years. I want to step it up to an entry level system. I have a few questions refering to klipschs' RF10 series.Is this a decent system for my usage. I watch movies and tv on my living room surround. I have a 46inch samsung hdtv and the room size is 18ft by 22 ft. I truely like the way the klipsch line looks and I do not dislike the "bright" sound that comes with the horns. I have ~$2000 to spend on my 5.1 and reciever what shal I look into getting? I looked at denon avr1707 will this match up nicely to the rf-10 5.1 I dont like the sub klipsch has on the systems tab so I would like to go with the rw-10d or 8 depending where my budget puts me. Will this be enough to claim it as entry level? I am not close minded to sugestions though

Greetings to the Form. With your room size, I'd recommend you move up to either the RF 52/RF62 system. You could buy everything except the sub for now and use the extra money on your receiver purchase......... Here is a link to the Different systems. Finally remember when you buy from an authorized dealer, they may be able to discount the prices for you. Buy the best you can AFFORD......sit back and enjoy the Movies......Good Luck.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/lists/floorstanding-systems.aspx

The reference line would be a great way to go. Get the best center in the line you select, the center is very important. If you are patient and don't mind used there are lots of good used Klipsch out there. You could put together something like 4 forte IIs and an academy center or even use a forte II for a center and pair it with an outlaw receiver for about your budget and you would have more than what would be considered "entry level." With used there are lots of options, you could go all heresies all around with a sub and have a great sounding system too. If you want new, like I said the reference line will be very good and I would say more than "entry level."

One more thing My living room is open air set up I have heard from my neighbors that also are in HT say the room will never be good enough accoustically, due to the fact there is a corner fireplace and you can basically see the livingroom dining room and kitchen from my seating area. Thank you on the sugestions I will be going to my local HT stores this next saturday to try some more out. Is it best to go in to the stores saying i have ~2000 to spend or will they rip me off like a used car dealer? is there any type of reciever brand i should shy away from? I hear denon is highly recomended by many friends.

Denon with Klipsch is a good match. Look at the Prices, decide what you want to spend: Then see if the Dealer will cut you a Deal .

You don't Have to purchase everything all at once, but sometimes dealers will discount more for the ability to move more product out of the store......

Take your time, shop, research and Post Pics here when you get your system Up! ..........oh the excitement of the Hunt!

Click on the Klipsch seal at the top of this Page. Find your system, which lists the MSRP.............then you know what the correct pricing will be!

http://www.klipsch.com/products/lists/floorstanding-systems.aspx

kid22 says: One more thing My living room is open air set up I have heard from my neighbors that also are in HT say the room will never be good enough accoustically, due to the fact there is a corner fireplace and you can basically see the livingroom dining room and kitchen from my seating area.

They may be correct about this, but my equipment is in my open living room and it does an admirable job. It is much better than the TV speakers. There are alot of people who listen to their setup in the living room. I am sure you would be impressed if you got something to replace the HTIB regardless of where it was set up.

P.S. sorry for the odd format, but I accidently erased the qoute portion of the reply.

Welcome to the forum from one new member to another!

Someone
mentioned that you look into used Klipsch- I've seen some really good
prices on ebay on slightly used reference speakers- RF-5, RF-7, etc. I
myself will be selling a pair of RF-5's probably sometime this
fall. Find yourself a good deal on quality used speakers, and
then you can invest the money you save into a better reciever and/or
subwoofer. For a big open area, you're going to need more
subwoofer than if your listening area had walls around it. (I'm
dealing with this very problem in trying to find affordable yet
sufficient bass for my new HT I'm building right now!)

There are a few things i cant seem to make myself buy used. Cars,videogames,computers and speakers. I was told may years ago by my high school music teacher that basically the only thing she doesnt buy used are speakers. I have no idea if they were beat up on or sat for 2 years. I dont know the breakin stage of klipsh's but my jl audio in my car took about 3 weeks to break in.When i say entry level im serious, I have currently a jvc htib that would work fine if the damn cable from the back to the speaker wire hub would work all the time. I am just looking for something that looks clean sounds good and works well. I am also going to run the in wall speaker wire from my reciever to the other side,any in wall wire will work correct? I have 10ft celings and 18 ft to get to the other wall so basically 38ft of wie from the reciever to the speaker for my surrounds. And yes i will post the pics of my HT when it is done ty for all the opinions they help

With all due respect to your music teacher, Klipsch are built to last more than one lifetime. I bought my first pair new and now have not hesitated to buy two more pair used, plus a center. You can tell if they have been taken care of or not. Just get the ones that have been lovingly cared for. It's ok if you have to have new, just be aware that with Klipsch used is a very real and viable option, and a great way to get way better quality sound for the money. BTW, I am a degreed musician, for what that may be worth compared to your teacher (also obviously degreed). Have fun in your search, be happy with your purchases.