4.1 SUBWOOFER NIGHTMARE

Wink

A couple of days ago I received a used 4.1 Subwoofer system from a family member (who said it worked great), plugged it all in, it came on for about 5 seconds & died. No power-nothing. I tried setting it up all over again & nothing, no power at all. I took it all & put it back in the box. This morning I tried it again-set it up, it went on for 5 seconds & it died again, no power. I took it apart again, this time replaced the fuse, pluged it in & it came on, so I unplugged it & was ready to install it on my computer. I thought...let me see if it powers up again before I hook it to the computer & you guessed it-nothing, no power. Replaced the fuse again-still no power. Any ideas?

What sub is this? Be specific.

If the fuse blows two times in a row replacing it will not help,there is a SHORT. If it is the ProMedia 4.1 them the amp is probably shot,you can call Klipsch.Check out the ProMedia section for help.

Hi, I do have the volume control speaker-here is a picture of what I do have (also have 3 more speakers). The fuse does NOT blow & did not blow any time-I just changed it to see if it WAS the fuse. The fuse seems fine.zwoofer.jpg

It sounds like a relay is kicking off. You probably have something wrong with the amp. I don't know if it has short protection circuitry or not. Klipsch can tell you that. I'd send it to them for repair and for a few bucks, you will have a nice setup. Good Luck!