KSW-12 not powering up

gdgarv

My KSW-12 subwoofer appears to be dead. When I plug it in, I don't even get the red light showing it's on standby. Nothing I do seems to get the subwoofer to come on. Do any of you know what to do to get the power back through this?

If there is nothing I can personally do, then do you think it is worth me trying to get it repaired? It's several years old, so I'm assuming is out of warranty. Not sure if I'm better off just buying a new one at this point...

gdg

Seems like alot of problems with their Subs.............make sure it's getting a signal, it won't come on it until it receives a signal strong enough to kick sub on................alot of acoustic music will not trigger sub, and some movies will not trigger sub until an explosion..........that's assuming your in auto-mode.............

There may be a fuse on the amp plate on the back, if it is good then the amp is probably bad. The KSW line was not one of Klipsch's finer moments. KSW = Krappy Sub Woofer

I bought a KSW-15 brand spanking new from an authorized dealer it had a list price of $750 and I got it for $500 and it was just junk. The cheap carboard port came loose and I had to silicone it back in place, the trim ring on the woofer fell off and I had to silicone it as well. It would shut off various times during movies since it wanted to see a signal to stay on in "Auto" mode and I did not want to leave it "always on"

I bought a Velodyne and it was not even a contest, great thing was I kept it pristine with all the packing and got good money for it when I got rid of it. I sure do not miss it at all. The only Klipsch subs that I would consider would be the THX Ultra sub duo, the RSW models, and perhaps the new RT line.

• 1 month later...

my ksw-12 stopped powering up. i inspected the fuse, it was blown, i bought some more, tried to power up, it blows new fuses immediately upon it attempting to turn on.

does anyone have any words of advise? it is out of warranty - i have not tried taking the back panel off yet. any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!