Power Conditioners / Surge Protectors

Sky Hits

• 11 months later...

Dusting off another old thread! A good friend of mine tipped me to an internet special on APC's Model H15 H-Type Power Conditioner. It came in the mail yesterday. A few things: When I lift the unit, there's definitely a small screw of some kind loose and rolling around inside. It doesn't seem to affect the performance of the unit but I'm wondering if you folks would advise me to send it back in...or open it up!

Secondly, the "Wiring OK" led does not light up like it should when I've got the unit plugged into the wall. The instruction manual claims that this means one of three things: missing ground, overloaded neutral, or reversed polarity. The missing ground seems possible to me, considering that the majority of the outlets in my apartment are not even three-prong. Any advice here?

Beyond those issues, I do have it plugged in and did some listening this morning. The difference noise-wise is really amazing! There is significantly less surface noise from the turntable, everything is really a great deal quieter. I definitely can't wait to do some more listening but I'm really happy to report this positive addition to my system.