What went wrong with my sub?

M.A.N.D.I.

I went to change the DVD player, since I would be using all the same wires as the old I just unplugged the wires. As soon as I unplugged the cables that ran from RCV to DVD my subbed went ballistic. I now have the new DVD in place but the sub goes off as soon as I plug it in. Any ideas?

Continues after being plugged in. Buzz, Humm whatever can be volumn controlled on the back of the sub. I guess the volumn was set in a spot that when it originally occurred it was blaring loud (made your hair stand up)

There is a floor model SUB 12 at our local BB for $399. Our local BB is remodeling and they are selling of loads of floor model stuff, TVs,. audio equip. But I do not want to spend just to spend, if I can get this working I would be fine.

Just because the sound comes out of the sub doesn't mean the sub is at fault...Ground loops have to deal with combinations of gear. Therefore, changing to a different sub may not fix the problem (in fact, it probably won't).

Well, I posted this prior to trying anything. At lunch I went and purchased a new cable. That fixed the immediate problem. I guess now I need to try and figure out what caused the problem with the other cable. I know my wire management is probably not the best.

I cut a seperate hole in the back of the entertainment center just for the sub wire. It was pretty jammed going through with the other wires. Seems to be doing fine. Now if I could just figure out how to get everything back the way it was as far as connections go.

• 3 weeks later...