Newbe needs help picking center channel

TYLERG

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Just started a Klipsch system. Nothing fancy compared to some of you. But here we go. I have

Yamaha HTR-5960 reciever

Klipsch F-2,

SUB-12

S-2

Now for my question can I run a RC-52 with this? I know that Klipsch web site says to run a C-2 but the place I need to put my center in is only big enough for th RC-52 otherwise I will have to buy a new entertainment center. Thanks in advance.

Except the most important thing! The timbre will not match and you WILL notice it the first time you get a side to side pan across the front three speakers. Best to make the correct matching speaker work whether you have to put it on top or below the TV.

• 2 weeks later...

Timbre' cannot be adjusted by the receiver only speaker levels. While it will obviously sound good they are "Klipsch" after all, play some pink noise "level setting" and you will easily be able to tell the difference. Put in a movie than pans side to side across the front and you will notice the difference in timbre. Having the correct matched center speaker will make all the difference in the world and until you hear the actual difference you probably won't be a believer.

Bottom line is all that matters is that it sounds good to you, but the C-2 is the correct matching speaker for that setup.

Timbre' cannot be adjusted by the receiver only speaker levels. While it will obviously sound good they are "Klipsch" after all, play some pink noise "level setting" and you will easily be able to tell the difference. Put in a movie than pans side to side across the front and you will notice the difference in timbre. Having the correct matched center speaker will make all the difference in the world and until you hear the actual difference you probably won't be a believer.

Bottom line is all that matters is that it sounds good to you, but the C-2 is the correct matching speaker for that setup.

Actually, I think that Yamaha receiver has a graphic EQ for the center channel for the purpose of timbre matching to the mains. On some models, you match it by ear, but on the higher-end models, the YPAO can do it automatically, using its mic at the listening position.