Latest edition Heritage networks

Erik

How ya been?

I had a chance to hear some LS IIs and they have better bass and had the usual LS sound but a bit softer/smoother than my 2004 LS.

I would like to hook up my LS to his equipment (very nice Tempest 2 tube int amp and Cambridge Audio Azur 840c cd player) and see how different they sound compared to the LS IIs.

Hi, James:

I'm good! You?

I've heard good things about the Cambridge Audio stuff. I would be interested to hear any of the new Heritage speakers. I want to save up for a pair of Heresy IIIs one of these months or years. It would be cool to buy a BRAND NEW pair, as I wanted to back in the very early 80's but couldn't afford.

Thanks for replying,

Erik

I believe it's true that the new Klipschorn networks do not use autoformer attenuation.  Is the same also true for La Scalas and Heresy IIIs?

I'm curious about the facts surrounding this.

Erik

2004 AL-4 no autoformers

A few AK-4 boards I have/had no autoformers

Hi, James:

I'm good! You?

I've heard good things about the Cambridge Audio stuff. I would be interested to hear any of the new Heritage speakers. I want to save up for a pair of Heresy IIIs one of these months or years. It would be cool to buy a BRAND NEW pair, as I wanted to back in the very early 80's but couldn't afford.

Thanks for replying,

Erik

When you get to a certain age, which is different for everyone, it's easy to say, "Hey, I'm old enough to deserve this. I'm buying it!" I've bought a couple of pricey things while thinking that and didn't regret it.

"They do sound pretty nice on my Indy's though"

There's nothing else that matters more, or is more important than that. Those type 'A's are also obviously well put together. I wish the GE motor runs they used to use were still available, but......"so it goes." (Kurt V.)

I'm just sharing the results of an educated (not guessed-at) experiment, and how I used a few DIY, hand-wound coils that were needed to make the networks work correctly.

Erik