TC Sounds prices .....WOW

peshewah

I can't afford a sub to match my system so I have been reading a lot DIY threads. From what I gather, TC sounds are one of the best. TC 1000 single was looking pretty good until the price went up. It went from $169 to $399. Thats a little more than a 100% increase. Lying, greedy bastards. I was told that a little guy wouldn't be able to buy from them. Only retailers. The tech guy told me that. Maybe he meant the little guy can't afford to buy from them. I wish I would have had the money to buy before the prices went up. Anyway, is there another sub driver I can get for a price that is resonable. I mean, I want the best I can get without getting slapped in face even if I have to save up to get it? One other thing, the terminolgy that comes with the specs on these drivers are Dutch to me. Is there a link or a site that explains all the Xmax or the Xmas, QM, Le and Qts and all that stuff? Thank you for your time.

TC Sounds once was solely an OEM for a lot of subwoofer manufacturers.

They stepped into the DIY world and I can only imagine that their OEM

sales went down because manufacturers felt like they were being

undercut. Why buy from say Klipsch when you could build the same sub

for 1/4 the price? It sounds to me like they might be trying to get

back into the OEM world?

As far as drivers - how much are you looking to spend? I've actually

got an entire subwoofer kit leftover from a workshop that I haven't posted yet because I don't

have pictures. It's complete with amp, driver, and enclosure and cost

me $300 after discounts. If you're interested let me know.

Here's a few other places you might look:

http://www.partsexpress.com/speakers.cfm

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=2

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/index.php?cPath=21

Ha the prices went up...still I will buy their upscale drivers regardless. I will however demand more quality(attention to detail)then what I saw so far.

A JL f113 woofer would retail $1200 no wonder an LMS5400 retails around and over that. Quality and perforamnce is not cheap.They are not there to make petty profit.

Going back to the question I would look at PartsExpress(the Dayton Titanic 3 15") and SoundSplinter (the RL-p 15" dual VC).

Ha the prices went up...still I will buy their upscale drivers regardless. I will however demand more quality(attention to detail)then what I saw so far.

A JL f113 woofer would retail $1200 no wonder an LMS5400 retails around and over that. Quality and perforamnce is not cheap.They are not there to make petty profit.

Going back to the question I would look at PartsExpress(the Dayton Titanic 3 15") and SoundSplinter (the RL-p 15" dual VC).

theear the lms5400 is now going to retail above that....... how much, I am not authorized to say

Dr Who I would love to buy that kit from you. But... not a good time for me. I have 2 boy starting school, 1 boy starting college and my wife is a teacher and they all need new clothes and shoes and this and that. I need new work boots, nothing a little duct tape won't take care of (LOL). Can you tell me a little bit about your kit? Will it go good with my '62"s? Is it ported? Can a dummy put it together? If you still have it when I get out of this rut I'll take it.