where to buy car stereo equpt.?

iwillwalk

I support my local establishments. I have always placed a high value on over-the-counter replacement. Of course it depends on whether it is a DIY install or shop install, since install prices vary. We are fortunate to have (2) mid/hi-end equipment shops that offer Memphis, Focal, JBL, DD, MMats, and almost every HU on the market. Most everything except MBQuartz.

If a DIY project, then maybe Crutchfield isn't such a bad place, but you'll still need wiring harnesses, Distribution blocks, etc.

Obviously, your budget and equipment selection will most likely determine WHERE. You won't find P9's or Clarion DRZ955 Hu's in Target or CC.

As for re-use, I would recommend replacing it, or otherwise, scrutinize the condition of that used equipment. Nothing like having a defective RCA or wiring harness after you've already gutted the vehicle once.

Ditto what was said above. Remember your looking at 12 years of wear and tear. Stay local, get all new wiring. But remember or decide what is it worth to you to upgrade for sound in a 12 year old Vehicle.............i.e. budget! Good Luck to you.