bryston!!

matthew2

Well, after hearing so many good things about bryston, I decided to go to their web site. I went to the dealer locator, and was emailed today. There are 2 dealers here!!!

I finally have the ability to have a high quality amp in this city!

I know now, if I get an RB5, an RF5, or something from the heritage line, I know I'll have something to keep the speakers from going harsh!

Now...which speakers to buy..cwm16.gif

------------------

Matthew

Gatta' love klipsch

Matthew2,

Good choice going with Bryston.

I have five 7B-ST THX mono block amplifiers. One for each chanel of surround. KLF 30's for front and rears, with C7 center.

I have yet to disapointed with this combination. Plenty of head room. Neither the amplifiers or speakers are over worked to reach reference levels when the urge strikes.

Heck I get so much bass that I only use my subwoofer as the .1 in digital surround.

Good Luck!

-Hammer

I think Bryston makes a very nice solid state amp that is extremely well built. And yes, it is very hard to fault their warranty of 20 years as well. Still, with vintage Klipsch, the high power Bryston's can sound rather steely and forward. Be sure to audition. And don't pass on their lowly B-60 integrated as it might be a better match if going the vintage route. Still, I have yet to hear a good solid state amp equal the magical combination of tubes and these vintage horns. Try to keep some pure Class A solid state in mind if committed to SS amplification. Otherwise, audition some tubes as well. I don't think you will be disappointed, regardless of Klipsch model (although I am HEAVILY biased in favor of the vintage models).

kh

------------------

s y s t e m

Linn LP-12/Linn Basic Plus/Sumiko Blue Point

Rega Planet

Cary Audio SLP-70 w/Phono Modified

Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondog Monoblocks

DIYCable Superlative / Twisted Cross Connect

1977 Klipsch Cornwall I w/Alnico

system one online / alternate components / Asylum Listing f>s>

quote:

Originally posted by matthew2:

Well, after hearing so many good things about bryston, I decided to go to their web site. I went to the dealer locator, and was emailed today. There are 2 dealers here!!!

Lucky you! There is only 1 Bryston dealer here in Calgary and we're over 20 times the size of Grande Prairie. Frown.gif

Because you have 2 dealers there, they will likely compete, so you may get a helluva deal. Smile.gif

My dealer won't budge more than 5% off MSRP and the next closest dealer is 150 km away in Red Deer. cwm23.gif

HAMMER,

Five 7B-ST power amps! LOL

Now we are talking serious power and quality.

I may add a 14B-ST as sub amp to drive extra SVS SS subs,I will use a Carver TFM-75 to start.

Mobile,

Tube amps have this "magical" someting,midrange and highs are just so smooth.I still prefer good ole accuracy of good SS amps.The tube "magic" is not my cup of tea.Bryston,ATI,Krell and Celeste fit my style POWER POWER and more quality POWER.Si si one watt amps

are for those who like to sugar coat sound.Wink.gif

I like it real,real LOUD.When I turn 60 I want my Krell hearing aids and Dynaudio Esotar microdrivers in them. Wink.gif

WHAT I DONT HEAR...TURN UP THE VOLUME

At 115dB I start to hear

cwm27.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears