sub cable

thebutler007

I have a rt-12d that i need to run about 50 feet of cable to. Up two 12 foot walls and across the space about 15 feet plus some slack......I have to make up my own cable.......I have been looking on a couple of websites that sell bulk cable but do not know what is my best option...I prefer not to buy a pre-made cable.....How difficult is it to make up the RCA connections....soldering iron?

How about THIS. Or HERE is some that's a little bit higher quality.

Honestly, if this is for in-wall that you'd like to terminate at wall plates, your best option would be to use wall plates that have an "F" type male connection on the inside and a female RCA connector on the outside. Then all you'd need is some standard female "F" terminated coax (RG59 or RG6) for the long in-wall run.

I bought a 25ft 24awg HDMI cable for $23 and it works flawlessly.

I also bought some binding post wall plates and a couple HDMI wall plates. Home depot sells the binding post wall plates but they are...over 5 times the price. I bought an 8 post plate for around $6, home depot price $35. The HDMI wall plate was $8.50. Next closest price I could find was over $40.

I'd recommend Monoprice to anyone.