A happy customer

JCHout

Got my rc-64, rf-63's, rs-52's, and rsw-10d in the other day and they are amazing. But what I wanted to say is how much help I obtained from the Klipsch customer service in making the purchase. Most of the time these days you are sent to some person that just wants you off the line and ends with "thank you for your call" after they completely infuriated you. I have never received so much help as with Klipsch. One issue was that I needed to be able to put my 50" display on top of the actual center speaker (for complicated reasons). The customer service rep confirmed the internal bracing and actually conferred with the engineer that designed the speaker (who has his display on top of it). After speaking to me several times about my issues, he actually called me back after doing even more research on my issues. The speakers were also sent to a dealer that was not a Klipsch dealer with no problems. I spent a significant amount of money by my standards, and I do not regret one single penny.

I posted the above also at avsforum and failed to mention the support from people on this board as well (I'll be sure to let them know). Suffice it to say that part of what helped me make my purchase was the communication here and with customer service. I hope that some person out there trying to decide on brands happens on this post and gives Klipsch speakers a chance. Now if only Pioneer could get service reps that are fractionally as good, I would be in home video nirvana.

I do think that the Pioneer Elite products are fantastic, it is just the customer service techs really did not understand complex technical issues. Also when a firmware upgrade was necessary for my receiver, they wanted me to mail it to an out of state repair facility. They need to reevaluate how they handle repairs and orders. On the other hand, the people at Klipsch actually cared about my issues. Certainly I had people at Pioneer that were good, but nothing on the level as Klipsch.