Need Help with HT Purchase

Don

After a few weeks of looking at some things, I think I have settled on a pair of F-2 speakers, C2 center and Synergy Sub 12 or Sub 10. I'm also leaning towards an Onkyo receiver TSXR 605B. Total cost is about $1500.

This is my first time not buying an "all-in-one" set. I'm not a AV expert, I just want something a step or two above a $500 "all-in-one" system.

Any input on my possible configuration would be appreciated. ( reviews on the speakers or receiver.....Is $1500 better spent on some other product mix....etc..etc )

Thanks for the help!

I would also like to say, Welcome.

Would you have a problem with putting your system together piece by piece? I only ask because you also have to think about timber match along with getting the best speaker you can afford. So people start off with just to main two speakers then the center. Then you can get the rear speaker and last the sub.

If you are on a budget that is fine also, like it was already stated, get the best speakers for the money you have. Only you know what sounds good to you, we can just give you our opinion.

James

Don,

Congrats on your foray into HT (at least beyond HTIB).

Let me discourage you from going to the Reference Line for a Center if you are going with the Synergy Line for fronts. The two would simply not match up. Fronts and Centers need to be sound matched, i.e. all Reference (and proper line) or all Synergy.

In general, however, the advice to get the best center and sub is great advice. Just go to the top of the line you are in, and not try to step beyond it. I think for what you are trying to do you will be pleased with your suggestions.

Let us know if you have any other questions

Definitely do not get the Reference center with the Synergy towers. I currently have a RC-7 with my SF-3 towers, but only because I'm in the process of moving front configuration of Synergy to Reference. The Reference and Synergy really don't work well together... mostly due to the titanium vs. aluminum tweeters.

I think that your equipment looks great, but I think that you could step up to a RF-52 Home Theater System and probably only spend $400 more than you were planning on spending. The Reference series definitely has a more refined sound when compared to the Synergy series.

The RF-52 system contains: 2xRF-52, 1xRC-52, 2xRS-42, 1xRW-10d

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rf-52-home-theater-system.aspx

Hope that helps [;)]