How to remove woofer on Forte?

Lucky Leeroy

I have an active woofer that is not working and want to access the cabinet to check connections. I unscrewed the passive diaphragm but it did not want to budge. What is the best way to open the speaker up?

Thanx in advance - I have seen alot of great ideas on this site and look forward to your help.

I am also looking for an Academy for a center.

I just took my Chorus II passive radiator out last night without any problems. Why won't yours come out? Mine only has 8 wood screws that came out with a cordless drill. I have also taken the midrange horn out (be very careful not to pull any of the wires) but you should be able to get inside the cabinet by removing the passive radiator. Please explain the problem...

Mike

Edit: It could be that the gasket on the radiator is stuck. There is nothing attached to this radiator, so if you can, try getting something underneatch the gasket and do a little prying without damaging the back of the cabinet.

------------------

My Music Systems

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 12-28-2001 at 10:42 AM

Thanx for the help Mike.

I was able to open the connection plate and tap the woofer out from the inside. The gsket was sticking really bad.

Can someone tell me the original woofer type that was used in the Forte? K 23 K was what was inside and this speaker does not sound like the other speaker.

Thanx,

LEEROY