Neil Young Announces Chrome Dream II Track List and Tour dates

tuned4life

8 hours ago

Neil Young has announced several tour dates throughout North America in support of his forthcoming album, 'Chrome Dreams II'.

The legendary rocker will kick things off on October 18 in Boise, Idaho, and will hit several major cities including Los Angeles, Chicago, Toronto and Boston before wrapping things up with two nights at New York's United Palace.

His jaunt includes two nights in Mountain View, California for the Bridge School Benefit he and his wife are sponsoring, as previously reported.

The tour dates are:

Boise, ID Morrison Center (October 18)
Spokane, WA INB Performing Arts Center (20)
Portland, OR Keller Theater (22)
Seattle, WA WaMu Center
Mountain View, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre (Bridge School benefit) (27, 28)
Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theatre (30)
Denver, CO Wells Fargo Theatre (November 5)
Minneapolis, MO Northrop Auditorium (8)
Detroit, MI Fox Theatre (10)
Chicago, IL Chicago Theatre (12, 13)
Washington, DC Constitution Hall (15)
St. Louis, MO Fox Theatre (18)
Toronto, Ontario Massey Hall (26, 27)
Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre (December 2, 3)
Wallingford, CT Chevrolet Theatre (5)
Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre (9)
New York, NY United Palace (12, 13)

Meanwhile, Young has also revealed the tracklisting of 'Chrome Dreams II' to Billboard.

The follow-up to last year's 'Living With War' is due out on October 16 in the US.

The 'Chrome Dreams II' tracklisting is:

'Beautiful Bluebird'
'Boxcar'
'Ordinary People'
'Shining Light'
'The Believer'
'Spirit Road'
'Dirty Old Man'
'Ever After'
'No Hidden Path'
'The Way'

Neil is OK.

But why would I want to spend big bucks for tickets and travel to listen to him rant against war while offering nothing but simplistic answers and solutions (IF any) while so many better sources of his quality older stuff is available for me to listen to in the comfort of my home?

Hell, we remove a dictator who kept a firm albeit ruthless lid on the Shiites and now the Shiites sit on their @sses as there is no incentive for them to form a truly representative government as they are simply waiting for us to get out so that they, with the backing of the other Shiite wackos from Iran and Syria, will attempt to take over the entire country and impose their own form of wacko repressive religious rule. Perhaps we should have simply left Saddam to torture and repress the Shiites. At least the Sunnis are the more moderate of the wackos. It seems to be a zero sum game.

But isn't hindsight marvelous. And where were the enlightened critics then as they shared the exact same flawed intelligence that the entire world shared, without a peep of concern...in fact as they AGREED with the assessment! Albeit with so many of the usual 'late to the party' geniuses and whiners. They remind me of the psychics who claim to know all and see all yet haven't a clue as to their own futures!

But listening to Neil preach the ridiculously simplistic desire for peace and understanding while he displays his own intolerance for others having different ideas does not add any iota of insight to the complexities of modern life.

Long live Neil....he is certainly entitled to express his ideas and to tour for whatever reason he desires. But I also have the ability to make my own decisions and I will listen to his older stuff at home as I ponder the inanities of existence. It is enough.

Have fun folks.