Bi-amping Question

SWL

Both.

Full signal coming into the active crossover, pick a frequency to split and everything below that freq goes to your bass amp and everything above that freq goes to your tweet amp.

You got that K-2 hooked up yet? Are you gonna bi-amp with it?

Both.

Full signal coming into the active crossover, pick a frequency to split and everything below that freq goes to your bass amp and everything above that freq goes to your tweet amp.

You got that K-2 hooked up yet? Are you gonna bi-amp with it?

Yes, it's hooked up and bi-amping away.

I have so many things stacked there (cd player, dvd player, active Xover, Peach, Satellite box, 5bx, 14/10, dbx BX1, MC-2102) that the wife has not even noticed yet!

[:#]

I intend on using my Crown's for the lows and a tube amp for the highs. I recall reading that you were doing something similar? I just don't have a very good crossover. Waiting for the tube to arrive in about a week (Eastern Electric Mini-Max).

That's exactly what I'm doing. I've been using a dbx BX-1 for the lows and am now trying out the Crown K2. Given the BX1 is about twice the weight (if not more), almost twice the size of the Crown I've got to be very impressed with what the Crown puts out. I might point out though that the dbx is also configurable as a 4 channel amp so it's not really a fair comparison.

Since having the Jubes, I've used a McIntosh MC-2102 which I just loveeeeeeeee the looks of. I can't say it sounds to shabby either.

I've had meandering thoughts on again, obtaining an OTL amp and if I do, I'll swap it out with the McIntosh and see what happens. I know I absolutely loved the sound I had with the SE-OTL amps on my Khorns. The SE-OTL's didn't have enough power for me though (bridged at 4 wpc).

That sounds really cool. Like I said, my active crossover isn't the greatest. I want to find out what crossover would be sufficient for my equipment. I think the one I'm using now is probably degrading the sound quality (Behringer CX-2310). I really like the improvements that bi-amping produced. What kind of crossover are you using? Are you satisfied with it?

I and most Jube owners who are not using passives, am using the ElectroVoice DX-38 http://www.electrovoice.com/products/50.html

It's a 2 in, 4 out setup. Since we're biamping a 2 way system it fits perfectly. I once put a Heresy on top of the Jube bass bin, rewired the xover, crossed it at 80 hz and ran the Heresy 80hz on up, letting the passive take care of the Heresy. I gotta say... it was a Heresy on steroids!!

I'm very satisfied with it but am sure I only know 10% of what it will do.