Left and Right placement for my RF-7

STUDIO 2000

Hi Everyone,

It has been quite a journey here. I started with an interest in Klipsch for many years, however never had the means of owning a pair. After much help from this Forum I have purchased my first offical pair of Rf-7 speakers a few months back (Maple) . I have also aquired the RC-64. At this point I am like a kid in a candy Jar except the jar is locked and I cannot open it! What torture this is. I have the speakers but no amp yet. I am saving money for Seperates or a killer receiver for these RF-7 speakers, but I will revive my other thread for that.

I have recently converted a room for home theare (70%) and music (30%). This brings me to the question of the front placement.

1) Do I position the speakers to fit in the front corners, thus at an angle? (It does point pretty much to the listening position)

OR

2) Do I position the front speakers not to sit in the corners but rather just face the listener in a straight line also pointing to listening position (meaning speaker is against the front walls and not in corners at all)

What will give me the best results? My room is 17.5 X 13 feet.

Thanks

Dave

Since every room is different there is no one answer but..........I have found it best to start in the corners,maybe a few ft from the side wall and a few ft from the rear wall.I have also found it best to tow in the speaker so that a straight line from the speakers angle would intersect a few ft(maybe 4-5) behind your head at the listening position.From that point move a little back and forth and try to get the best overall response.Take your time,it will pay off.,good luck.

Since every room is different there is no one answer but..........I have found it best to start in the corners,maybe a few ft from the side wall and a few ft from the rear wall.I have also found it best to tow in the speaker so that a straight line from the speakers angle would intersect a few ft(maybe 4-5) behind your head at the listening position.From that point move a little back and forth and try to get the best overall response.Take your time,it will pay off.,good luck.

Yep, I don't go to the corners with my RF-7s. 2+ feet out from the wall, toed in slightly as Fish wrote sounds good. I actually had a friend of mine help me build some ball-bearing rollers to replace the feet on my 7s. I change placement a bit during playback according to the source.

When you get ready to power up, read up a bit about amplification for the 7s. I had a Yamaha RX-V2600 receiver with 130wpc, etc. that just didn't work. Going to a separate 200wpc 2 channel amp (Rotel, in my case...but others would work) seems to be the way to go. As good as they are, the 7s are very un-even in impedance across the spectrum dipping under 3 ohms at times. More detail available in other threads, but the usual line is to power them up on a separate amp. Use a receiver for a pre-pro and to power up the other channels....or go all separates depending on budget. Good luck and have fun listening!