Need a really good 10" sub due to spacial issues cant get 12

twisted1272

I really like the SVS tube subs but dang they are all 16" diameter and even though it comes as short as 32" it is still large. But I do want a real good pounding and deep sub. Am I just going to have to bite the bullet and get a 12" or is there another route i can go? I want to spend around $600 I really dont have the room for a large sub box, just an eye sore in my den, i have the two reference towers and could put the tube between tower and tv but still an eye sore. I would rather have eye sore with great sub than settling for an ok sub that is small. Anyways thank you for any advice you can give me.

I have an RSW 10 that has sat dormant a couple of years. In fact, it probably has less than 60 hours usage. Black Ash it is with no imperfections. I have the original box and packing materials so if youre interested send me a PM. Please note I do have a friend that has expressed interest in the sub but if he waves it off it will be available to Forum Members.

Well have been doing some research and it seems like the ten inch subs are only good for small to medium sized rooms. I have a fairly large den with ten foot ceilings, so that is going to be a lot of airspace. I guess will have to get a 12" to fill room up but I am no expert so will this matter much? When they say only good for small to medium rooms will i lose a lot of sound with the ten" sub? When i do this i want to do it right so please any advice is much appreciated.

When I did use the RSW 10 it was in a 17 X 17 family room that was fairly open on two sides. The sub was used with 2 Forte IIs, an Academy and either Heresys, KG 2.5s or KG 2.1s. I think the sub worked well in that room and certainly better than an older KSW 12 that I had borrowed. Ceiling heights 9 feet. I think an RSW 10 would suit you well. Both the RSW 12 & 15 are substantially larger.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

BTW, I guess I cant offer you my RSW 10. The kid threw a fit when I mentioned it and claims he has first dibs. Although I will not allow him to take it to his college apartment, (for the obvious reasons); I guess he can have it when he graduates in June.

One small 10" sub for $600 to fill a large den with 10' ceilings? Not going to happen. You'll need to be more specific when you say "fill" a room. What are your goals? You say reference towers, what is your system profile? What are your listening habbits? Movies? Music? Moderate volume or earthquake style?