iFI discontinued, what's next? YEAH JAMO i300!

jlingo

I have been using iFi for over a year now, and it's such an EXCELLENT system. It's definitely the best computer PC I have heard. Very musical, emotional, the bass is superbly tight. The midrange and natural decay are worth dying for.

I tried Creative Z600 sounding very dynamic and digital, but also clean, clinical, and digital.  No decay, emotion nor musicality like the iFI. Altec MX5021 sounded boxy, harsh, not thickness and thin. The bass was also not deep enough. Altec FX series was not in the same class as iFI.

What to do next if iFI decides to break down since I believe it has been discontinued?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A simple stereo mini to rca adapter, then plug it into any system, it is just another input. Many receivers have a set of inputs in the front. Usally says video, plug it in there just don't use the yellow one.

Hope this helps

Brac

• 5 months later...

I own Klipsch iFI for over 2 years now and I just bought Jamo i300 today. Well, honestly I'm very impressed with jamo i300 since I didn't expect such a small speakers to sound so big and very musical in fact.

Although Klipsch iFI is still superior in terms of overall Sound Quality compared to Jamo i300, but Jamo i300 comes very close to the iFI. It's amazing especially Jamo i300 is much smaller and more compact than iFI.

I would recommend Jamo i300 to anyone who is looking for a good 2.1 speakers, especially now that Klipsch iFi is already discontinued.

I heard Bose Companion 5, it sounded muffled, shouty, and digital compared to jamo i300. With jamo i300 you could actually hear the musical substance, such as liquidness, decay, body, articulation.

The Major differences: Jamo i300: Great high, Great high midrange, good bass, lacking lower midrange, Stereo imaging is good, compact size, esthetically pleasing.

Klipsch iFi: Slightly Rolled off high, AWESOME MIDRANGE very full and rich. Bass is VERY DEEP and articulate well. Stereo Imaging excellent, Huge size. I guess now it's time to move on. Welcome Jamo i300. :)

How do I get an iPod to work with a "bookshelf system"? Guidance requested please!

Your gonna need a computer with iTunes. Then you might go buy this (I think for ~$500) or something like it -

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/glow/one.html
http://www.glow-audio.com/getglow.html

Then use a cable that splits the headphone out of the iPod to two RCA jacks and plug them into the above. You can also USB direct from you iTunes on your computer too.

Hook up your favorite speakers, but they should be pretty high sensitivity given the 5 watts. Perhaps Klipsch bookshelf, lots to choose from there.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/lists/bookshelf.aspx

Or if you have Klipsch and want a change Tekton Design 4.5's are interesting too. Not sure what your price range is but that should all come in well over a IFI (well???) but around $800-1,000. And what a cool little amp.

I'm not affiliated with any of those, I happen to be just looking for a small system for an iPod atm.

Happy hunting!