Heresy horn help

Erik Mandaville

I'm working on another Heresy center channel project, that's being designed to best match what we have in our Klipschorns -- K-55V/metal horn + Bob. C tweeters and autoformerless networks.

A friend very kindly gave me a Heresy I cabinet for this project, and before it arrived, I purchased what I thought would be the right horn for the cabinet -- metal horn (4 hole mounting) and another K-55V. However, it seems that the cabinet I got was probably a later Heresy I, since the cutout for the driver I have is larger, and used a total of 8 screws to mount the horn. Was this for a rear-mounted phenolic horn? If so, are those horns still available from Klipsch?

Any help or information would be appreciated -- thanks in advance,

Erik

There are metal K700 horns in both the thick walled 4 flange version and thinner walled 8 flange version. I would think that they would be the same size. Perhaps the K701 for the H II is a different dimension.

The 701/K53 is "different", but not where the throat matches the motor board. It fits properly between the K-77 and the K-22 (the very late, last versions of the H-I had the K-24, but frame dimensions are same). The exit throat (not the flange) of the 700 and the 701 were/are the same. I have motor boards from early H-I's and late H-I's and they are the same mid "hole" (+ 1/64" which is the same "variance" I've found on 700 motor boards...) The flange however, on the 701, was bigger and thus the "cutout" on the bottom to clear the woofer.