SSTS 118 Endeavor Photo's

Rockets

I'll have to dig some more out later...I work in the SSPF (Space Staion Processing Facility) at KSC. I'm just one of the many 'hands' that assembles and tests the flight hardware before it ever sees 'Space'.

Here's one of the orbiter connected to the (BLACK) PMA (Primary Mating Adapter) I had to do some hatch work on one of the PMA's with some Russians, that seriously needed a bath. It's a comfortable inside for one, but three, two with BO isn't fun.

post-13284-13819348943438_thumb.jpg

One more and I've got to get back to work (house) This is a shot of the end frame of one of the TRUSS elements. What's significant is these frames all started life as one big *** piece of aluminum billet on the order of 6" thick by 10' by 13' approximately. Then they machine away all the excess material. There are NO welds.

post-13284-13819348944418_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mike for the hint on uploading. BTW, that RT-12D Subwoofer sounds GREAT! I'm still waiting for the dealer to send me the side panels the UPS Gorillas broke off though :((

TC

You're welcome. WOW, those are amazing photos, but then NASA does a fair job of training their crews in photography. Yes please post more. Do you have very high res files of any of these? I have some NASA posters in my office from shuttle launches, moonrise etc. Being born in 1958 and a child of the space age, I've always been fascinated with the program.

Is there a hold-up on the grille panels?

Michael

Mike, I can email ( give me a few days) you (send me your address again!) what I have. Most of these are pics that are passed around locally via email. Some I shot inside the SSPF with a cheap POS camera a couple of years ago. Most of the space shots seem to be converted to a lower rez by the Klipsch site but I won't swear to it.

As it is we have very little left to send up. One more Truss element, the Japanese Modules ( BIG as @#$%^!! , The European module, the Coupla and then I'm out of a job! :(( Seriously, the Japanese module(s) are BIG. One is easily the size of a school bus alone.

As far as a my sub panels...I don't know...I have to get w/ State Farm, and have them get w/ the vendor to find out. All I know is, there seems to be enough time lapsed for them to be here....

One more shot before I sign off... A pict of one of my engineers. GAWD! I miss her......... In back of her is a Truss element that had the coolant package and heat radiators

post-13284-13819348945188_thumb.jpg