Can't fit 16 guage wire through the routing hole on the Quintet III stands

jw319901

Hey everybody i need some help. I just got a set of Quintet III's and have spent the last few days in and out of my crawl space, drilling holes, and fishin wire through my walls so that I can mount the satellites to my walls. When I went to hope of my Quintets last night I unscrewed the little bolt thing from the stand and tried to push the wire through, but there is no way that 16 guage wire is fitting through that hole. I had some cheapy wire sitting around and that fits through fine. Did Klipsch not think of people using 16 guage wire when they desgined that little hole. Please I hope someone knows what I am talking about. Any thing to do about it. My options are A: Attach a small length of teny tiny speaker cable that i can run through the stand to the speaker. B: Ruin my nice looking install by having the speaker wire come out from the bottom of the statnd. C: Drill a bigger hole in the stand to accomdate 16 gauge wire. Any advice will help. Thanks.

+1... there is something to be said about larger holes. :)

However - 16ga really is overkill for those sats, so Im not surprised it doesn't fit.... my $.02

Thanks for the replies guys, I figured the easiest way would just be to have it sicking out the bottom of the mounts, you really cant see it that much, i'll prob paint black so that it will blend a little more, I might drill the holes in the future, but for now I'd rather not screw up my new speakers. Starting to sound pretty good too.

no provision was made for mounting the Quintet III on remodel wall boxes or running the wire through the base. The 'kickstand' chrome peg is there to help support the speaker in some mounting angles, but some users have used it for wire routing by using a small section of smaller gauge wire- this small length will not compromise the Quintet III's performance because it is not of sufficient length to have much impedence.

• 2 months later...

i just actually got some monster xp 16 gauge wire and am just hooking up my quintet III. I am sort of an idiot when it comes to this wiring bit - do i just strip part of the wire on the speaker end and put it through the hole in the back in the speaker and then refasten the cap thing? am i supposed to wrap the strippped wire or just put it in the hole and sqush it downwards with the screw thing. the manual prob found this too trivial to mention. pls any help would be great.

If I understand your question correctly, feed the stripped end through the post hole & tighten down. Probably the easiest method. Make sure no bare wire touches the wire of the other lead. This assumes Quintet's have binding posts, never looked at them.

If I understand your question correctly, feed the stripped end through the post hole & tighten down. Probably the easiest method. Make sure no bare wire touches the wire of the other lead. This assumes Quintet's have binding posts, never looked at them.

thanks for the response. so just make sure the polarities do not cross on either end in addition to not having the reciever end touch the speaker end? and all i do then is just thread the stripped wire. sounds good?

Thanks,
PJ