Ebay Dilemma

RIGGED25

I purchased a pair of outdoor(brand name speakers) speakers I won on Ebay and they sound like crap. The tweeter on both speakers makes a hissing sound and the woofer produces not any bass. Last night I did the old A/B comparison with a pair of off brand speakers and they out ran circles around my latest addition. Another thing, I have to turn the volume up to darn near 12 O'clock just to even hear them. Have I been had? What recourse do I have?

I know it can't be the normal operation of the speakers since I've heard this particular model in a gym I worked out at.

Thanks,

RIGGED

Rigged,

The ebay seller has an obligation to deliver the auction item as described. If the description indicates that the buyer should expect the speakers to work properly, then the seller should receive them back and refund the price of the auction. You may be on your own for shipping both ways.

If you paid with paypal I'd advise you to file a complaint immediately if the seller is not responsive to your request for refund or to otherwise resolve the auction satisfactorily. One option would be to ship a pair of working speakers.

Filing a complaint with Ebay and negative feedback are also options if the seller is not responsive. I'd wait until the last resort for negative feedback.

If you could post the ebay auction number, it could be helpful to check the description for buyer loopholes.

Good luck resolving this in a good way. It can be a complete PITA to deal with sorry ebay sellers.

Daddy,

Thanks for the much needed advice, I'm going to proceed with filing a complaint with Paypal. The dude has 100% positive feedback which made me feel easy about doing business with him. Should I try to contact him directly before filing with Paypal? Heck, now that the cat is out of the bag, has anyone else had this issue with the JBL Control 25s before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160163612165&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

RIGGED

I looked at the listing.  there's nothing indicating it's an as-is auction.  there's nothing indicating there are no returns.  there's nothing indicating all sales are final.  seller does say speakers sound great.  Options are to contact the seller and perhaps he can help you getting them to sound great...it is possible that you did not connect them as he did.  

Daddy,

Thanks for the much needed advice, I'm going to proceed with filing a complaint with Paypal. The dude has 100% positive feedback which made me feel easy about doing business with him. Should I try to contact him directly before filing with Paypal? Heck, now that the cat is out of the bag, has anyone else had this issue with the JBL Control 25s before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160163612165&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

RIGGED

Rigged,

Yes, definitely contact the seller about making things right before contacting paypal about something. The complaint process is appropriate only after attempts to resolve the transaction fail.

A seller with this amount of feedback and 100% is an excellent track record. My guess is that he will make it right.

It is appropriate that he would help you troubleshoot to see if the problem can be resolved without your shipping back, etc.

I'd suggest to approach the seller with the assumption that he will make it right. You've got 30 days from the date of the transaction before making a complaint with paypal.

Thanks again for the advice dudes. I just sent an email to the seller letting him know of what I'm going through. It sounds much like there is a problem with the crossover network-I let him know that. Man-this stinks.

I forgot to mention, these speakers have clear fuses that light up(and blink to the beat) when you turn the volume level up. You can see the light through the front ports of the speakers.

Thanks,

RIGGED

These are not outdoor speakers but they should at least work.  I bought 4 JBL SW36AWII's a few years back.  These are all weather rated and they've worked extremely well from the start.  But, if you're looking for a speaker for outdoor use you had better buy one designed for the purpose.