What to do

knightklipsch

I have the opprotunity (permission) to purchase a new set of La Scala II's in black (mismatched woodgrain from Vanns 1000.00 off, free shipping wanted Cherry but they only have one left[:(]) I currently have Forte II's for mains and an Academy center (new crossover on the way from Chris for the Academy) should I go for the La Scala's? Would it be a huge difference than the Forte's? and what the hell am I going to do about a center? (no space or money for another La Scala center) will the Academy keep up with the La Scala's? I listen half music half movies. Running a Denon 3802 for HT and a Denon PMA 700v for 2 channel, RSW-12 Sub, RS3-II sides and KG4's back. Any opinions? What to do..............

• 2 weeks later...

My new La Scala II's showed up Monday. I bought them from Vanns at the miss-matched wood grain discount in black. (I don't know what is miss-matched, I can't find anything wrong with them) I also received my network upgrade for my Academy from Chris on Monday. I installed the network upgrade on Tuesday and then unpacked the La Scala's. I moved my Forte II's to the back where I had a set of KG4's (I wish I had the room, I would replace my RS3-II sides with the KG4's) I got the La Scala's connected to my Niles switchbox, but really did not have time to mess with them until Wednesday night, I started out with my Denon 3802, that was not good, that amp sucks for 2 channel listening. I then swithed over to my Denon PMA700, MUCH better. After listening to several different CD tracks and messing with placement (damn things are heavy!) I have to say that the La Scala II is fantastic! I was a little worried about the reported lack of bass, but that is not a problem, very clean, tight and fast. The highs and mids are incredible. I have enjoyed my Forte's for years, but the La Scala's are making me break out some old CD's and enjoying them all over again.

Went back to the 3802 for movies, wanted to see how they sounded with the Academy and the upgraded network. After some fine tuning I think I can live with it. I don't have room or money for another La Scala and I don't know what else would work better that is similar in size to the Academy. I will say the network upgrade from Chris is a HUGE improvement for the Academy.

Pics later.