La Scalla II

Buddy72079

All my other Klipsch Gear was purchased from Flips in St. Louis. I don't think they would have sold a new set of La Scala II for 3400.00 with free shipping. This is one of the few things I ever bought on-line. Did a lot of research on-line and Vanns is a good company to work with.

Thanks.

Man, do I miss Flip's. I live quite a drive away, so everytime I got the opportunity to head down Watson Rd., the car would just automatically turn into flips. I'd stroll around and dream. Every piece of speaker gear I own was originally purchased from Flip's. I purchased all of them except a pair of forte's and I talked my buddy into buying them, and I finally got to own them last year.

I seriously looked at the la scala II "non-grain matched" deal from Vann's a few months ago. My b&m klipsch dealer of choice, Kief's, in Lawrence, KS couldn't match the price. But my inner tightwad kicked in when I saw Music Direct discounting the Mo-Fi OML-2. I know, "apples and oranges"...

I didn't know Flips' in St. Louis was gone. I'm not surprised though, the way things are. I had the best klipschorn experience of my life there. 1986 was the year, and Paul Simon's "Graceland" was the CD. Perhaps the best sound reproduction I've ever heard. Or at least, the most enjoyable!

I remember walking into that store in 1985, after leaving another store looking for a new system. I told the lady at Flips I was going to purchase a new set of Bose 601's and was looking for amps. She smiled, set me up with a pair of KG'4 and a Denon PMA700V with a stack of CD's, and told me to have fun. Needless to say after a short time I purchased the KG4's and the Denon, still have them today, Later I purchased a set of Forte II's from them, and still have them. Great Store!

I've got a suggestion.

Since you plan on buying speakers "Sight unseen", why not go to your local "Brick and Mortar" store. Show them the deal that Vann's is offering and ask them to meet or beat the deal, and you'll wait for them to order and deliver them.

This will do two things, One. You'll be supporting YOUR local economy, and help your local High Fi store stay in business for a little longer.

And Two. You'll get the peace of mind knowing that If you have a warranty issue, you can walk right in and get face to face service.

I truly think that any dealer that doesn't have to buy the product and take a chance on it sitting on the floor for an extended period of time would be willing to take less for a guaranteed sale.

IMHO

Whoops, I just noticed that you already took delivery, first of all Congrats. Second, please consider your second set with the above mentioned paramaters in mind.

This is a great suggestion especially since you really have nothing to lose by taking it. I did this when I purchased my RF-7s (RC-7, RS-7s and RSW-15) and the dealer matched the internet pricing. I got a great price on my setup, the dealer made some $$ and we both felt good about the deal. They did not deliver the speakers nor set them up for me in my room as they would have another customer, so I did miss out on a portion of their service but that was really not a crucial part for me anyway. They did this for me recently one a remote control purchase as well. I always try to give them the sale (even at a reduced markup on their part) when I can.

Great pickup on the LIIs! How do you like them in your room?