Do you Grille or No?

HornsRus

I prefer nude ones, but I have a little one, so the grills are a MUST!!!!!! The copper cones are to attractive NOT to touch.

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 509 5 Disc Yamaha comming soon.

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

I use my B&W 602s without grills. Their grills seem to interfere with the sound.

My Klipsch rp-3s have better dispersion with the grills on and they cover up those cheap looking copper colored cones (yes opinions vary on those copper colored cones. They look cheap when in the same room with the yellow kevlar cones of the B&W speakers).

My Heresys (1981 model) I use with the grils. I've noticed that the grill helps eliminate the difraction caused by the 5/8" plywood openings at each of the Heresy driver openings. No doubt that this has been minimized in Heresy IIs by the flush mounting of the drivers.

Another curious observation that I have made is when I removed the metal ring that surrounds the Kevlar driver on my B&W 602s. Without the ring, the sound from the driver is not nearly as uniform or smooth. Interesting that it makes that much difference.

cc1091,

I agree the Klipsch R series speakers should have grills on.I dont agree they look cheap(well not that cheap LOL).

The Klipsch R series copper colored cones are as fragile as a fly.Any tiny dot scratch will show like a crater on the Moon.

The rest I dont have anything to complain about.Klipsch Synergy and Reference series are a great value for the dollar.KLF series and some classic series also qualify.

TheEAR(s) Now theears