RF-62 or RF-52?

Pengvim

In store and out of store (I picked the 62's over the 52's) I liked the 62's the most, got them home and in my room of 20' X 15', they sound excellent. Very clear highs, and nice ambient lows.

RF-62...great choice, plus, you never know when you'll use them in a larger environment.

In store and out of store (I picked the 62's over the 52's) I liked the 62's the most, got them home and in my room of 20' X 15', they sound excellent. Very clear highs, and nice ambient lows.

RF-62...great choice, plus, you never know when you'll use them in a larger environment.

isn't that a lot bigger than my room?

my room is about 12ft x 9.5 ft...

my question is, will the RF62 be to big?

I was thinking about mentioning the RB-81's, do you plan on having them in that room for some time???? If not go with the 62's, they will not overload the room between those and the 52's. Now the RF-83's would be overloading the room! The horn is no different really between the two(62 - 52) As far as bass goes, will you have a subwoofer?

I was thinking about mentioning the RB-81's, do you plan on having them in that room for some time???? If not go with the 62's, they will not overload the room between those and the 52's. Now the RF-83's would be overloading the room! The horn is no different really between the two(62 - 52) As far as bass goes, will you have a subwoofer?

I will not have a subwoofer. and it will probably be driven with some SingleEnded 300B.

Depends on how you define "some time".. They will be in that room until July at least.

I'm
not so fund of bookshelf-speakers. I'm a bit worried they might fall
down from the stands.. I'm probably a bit afraid of pushing them down
if I'm drunk or something.[*-)]

my question is, will the RF62 be to big?

OK for the last time there is no such thing as to big!! Will the green speaker wire work, or does it have to be red?

you don't have to get upset you know.. :P

there IS such a thing as too big! too much sound or something. sounds like s***. Heard it before.

Pengvim, If your going to be there for that period of time, then go with the 52's, that way if you end up expanding at some point, you can use those as rears, or in a bedroom down the road.

but the 62's sound much more open in the treble (in my opinion). Don't like the 52's as much..

It will be a long time until I'll buy another set of speakers! I'm a student, you see. [8-)]

• 3 weeks later...

my room is about the same size as yours...I have a pair of Heresy II's and a pair of the RF-52's with an RC-10 center channel, my listening position is about 7 - 8' away from the TV and speakers, and yea, I can get more than I need. Actually the 52 has a lower frequency response than the 62 I think. Coupled with the RC-10, I get a full room of sound. Totally cool for us city dwellers, my room may be soundproof, but I still have a long term investment in my ears.