Paradigm Monitor&Reference vs Klipsch Reference floorstanding

fire pinch

I'm gonna go short because I did a BIG mistake (put a wrong username) and as a consequence, I should rewrite all my sentences and I don't have the taste to do that! Mad.gif So if you want to know the story, just ask me, I'll feel better later!

I have presently a pair of Paradigm Monitor 9. And I want to upgrade 'cause I find them not enough dynamic. I found Klipsch Reference RF-3 sounding "colder" than mine and a little bit harsh, at my Klipsch dealer store. I don't know why, I prefer the sound quality of my Monitor9 for instance even if the RF-3s can break my buddy! Oh damn! While speaking about their aggressiveness (RF-3), I still cannot prevent myself from thinking of them. Eek.gif

1. I just wanna know, for the price (value), speakers dynamic or agressiveness (hit hard), and the sound quality, which one are better. See the list below:

-Paradigm Monitor 11

-Paradigm Monitor 90P

-Paradigm Reference Studio 80

vs

-Klipsch Reference RF-3

-Klipsch Reference RF-5

-Klipsch Reference RF-7

2. If you own one of these, I would like to read your comments.

Thank you very much in advance for your answers Biggrin.gif

This message has been edited by fire pinch on 01-03-2002 at 12:54 AM

A lot depends on what you are listening to. I have always found Paradigm speakers to be kick-*** for home theater. But when it comes to music enjoyment,they SUCK! I have yet to demo Klipsch Reference series,but have heard & read many good things.

------------------

Jerry

CP RULZ

I want to have them most for music. The Klipsch RF-3 I heard, maybe they were defectives. I just know that I didn't like somthing of them, in the high-ends. The sound seemed to me a little bit to harsh. In overall, I prefered the Monitor9 even if they sounded a little bit nasally. Do you think the Monitor11, 90P, Studio80 can kick more your body? Or they have the same dyanmic than Monitor9?

fp, i have the rf-3 connected to a marantz sr8000 & older kenwood receiver for stereo music in the lounge.

i think they're very dynamic, accurate & open.

thing is it's mostly up to your tastes. u just may not

have or ever will have a preference for horns. to which amp were the rf hooked? were they biwired (makes a lil positive dif imo)? the amp as well as the room can make a pretty signif. dif. u may want to give them a relisten another place w/ different stuff, or better yet w/ our own stuff (though beware some amps are brighter than others).

point is they are an efficient & accurate speaker. & a great value. they reproduce real well what they get fed.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

I have the RF-7's and RF-5's,these are very dynamic and will play very loud with just a few watts.

The Paradigm Studio 80 and even the Studio 100 dont compare too well.They need many times the wattage to come close to the RF-7'a dn RF-5's.

I prefer the sound of the Klipsch R series,take not I use very high quality power amps to power the speakers.So the sound is not harsh.

I tried the Studio 20,60,80 and 100 at home.Good speakers more like Dynaudio's with much less detail and I found the Paradigms harsh compared to my Dynes.

You have to decide what sounds best to you.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

The Ear,

And if you compare some Monitor 11 or 90P against Klipsch Reference RF5 or RF7 ??? Many people told me that the Paradigm Reference series are not so more dynamics or agressives than the Monitor 7 or 9. But what about the Monitor 11 (which use 3 bass drivers) or the 90P???

You are a french Québécois. And I'm one me too :P So can I have your email adress? I would like so much to talk with you more!

Thank u Smile.gif