fireplace mount

endover

Tried this one in Home Theater as well..

My choice is to either drill into my fireplace to mount my 50" flat screen (haven't picked one out yet) or buy a ceiling mount and mount it from the rafters in the attic. If I go the ceiling mount option (which sounds easiest at this point), the single hanging bar will be right in the way of where I want my center channel. My floor-to-ceiling fireplace is one of those prefabricated jobby's with large rough stones all over the face of it and mortar between them. If I drill into the face, how do I find the studs since a studfinder won't work thru the 2" thick stones????? Another option would be to put up a large rough hewn timber as a mantel and just set the TV on that but I'm back to having to drill into the fireplace. Any help or suggestions???

Could you mount your center channel on the hanging bar of the ceiling mount some how?

Not sure how to find the studs if the stud finder won't work through the stones.

I'd recommend drilling through the mortar if you go that route as it should be a lot easier to patch holes in the mortar than in the stone should you remove the TV.

Mounting it in the rafters you may also be able to put in a lift to hide things in the attic when not in use if you do desire...

• Klipsch Employees

dont put the tv above the fireplace.

I have done it a few time, with just a brick lay, but everytime they turn out to be to high on the wall.

You find yourself looking up all the time. I have had to go back and take 2 of them down and move them to another wall.

I suggest to find another way. If you use the poll mount, it will not do much to hurt the sound from the center.

For some of us, mounting a TV too low is a bigger pain in the neck.... I have ankylosing spondylitis and too high is less a pain in the neck for me than too low. Of course back in the day when I had a recliner, I thought mounting near the ceiling might not be such a bad idea.... then the nap attacks would kick in and ... [|-)] ... maybe should've gotten a Lay-Z-Boy instead of a Catnapper