In-wall speakers

Scubadj

I have a question concerning in-wall speakers. I currently have a pair of Cornwalls, a pair of Heresys, and a C-7 center. If I decide to go to 6 or 7 channel sound i just won't have any room for conventional speakers. I am in the framing stages of an entertainment room (not really a home theatre) and was thinking that in-wall speakers would be one solution. I could wire now rather than later. Anyway, my question is which in-wall speakers would sound right with what I currently have or are there alternative solutions? Thanks for any ideas!

• 11 months later...

Klipsch made some awesome in walls a few years back.. with two six inch woofers and a high end in the center . I believe they later had an eight inch version too.

Problem was two fold. They were ahead of the curve HT wise in getting the public to pay more for inwalls and they were expensive to make ( and buy) and didn't sell enough I guess. (I have heard these...with the 6's and 8's they were awesome, almost too good with a sub. They really were fantastic.) Such is the problem when you make something too good, you obsolete or distance your other stuff. I see from time to time older models on eBay and have wondered myself, especially for the rear surrounds, if this is the way to go.

Oh well, just my 2 cents... hope this helps.