Going price for Khorns??

longdrive03

A buddy of mine has one pair of walnut Khorns that were showroom demos and are in excellent condition. I think they are two years old?? They are pack at this time and haven't been used. What's the going range for these? I know this isn't much info but that's about all I have. One may have a slight blemish on top which can probably be buffed off. I haven't seen them just passing on info. He's not a forum member so I told him I would inquire. Thanks.

If they are actually 2005 models (2 years old) you would be breaking new ground on prices since later model khorns don't show up for sale often.

I can tell you that in the used market their seems to be some compression of prices towards the middle of the road range driven mainly by more choice there than at either ends. Case in point I had a pair of 2004 LaScala's that on paper should have been worth from 2200 - 2800 but did not get any serious action on them till the prices dropped below 2k and they did not sell til the price dropped down to 1800. 1800 is not much more than 10 - 15 year old LaScala's sell for.

On Khorns, we are seeing a lot of 1000 dollar Khorns on craig's list. I bought a mint pair of 1985's for 1600. It looks like most of the Khorns that sell on the upper price range are selling for $2500 - $3000. Most of those had highly customized upgrades to them.

That's a real interesting question. Of course, the MSRP is $7500. Sold off the floor as demos, maybe $6000 two years ago. Unless your buddy is a motivated seller, I don't imagine the owner would think they have depreciated much more than that. Has your buddy mentioned an asking price? It's a guess, but I'd think the wholesale price paid would have been approaching $4000.