DVD Player

vandec54

Hello All

I just purchased a new home and have a 42 inch plasma in the living room and a 25 inch sharp in the basement hooked up to my RF-3II system. My wife doesn't want the "clutter' of my speakers in the living room that's why I have to settle for watching the 25 incher with my system. The only DVD player I have is on the plasma, I need suggestions for a DVD player under $200 (hey all my $$$ went into the house). Thank you for your help.

I use an older Panasonic DVD S29 player. It works great (years now). Only 60.00. Don't go for Blu ray or HD players yet until its decided which format is better. (from C-Net). Find one that is user friendly, and meets your budget. Shop on the Net and buy locally..............Good Luck.

http://products.howstuffworks.com/panasonic-dvd-s29-dvd-player-review.htm

Yeah, I'm from the land of milk & Cheese. In fact, I hope to pass through De Pere on the way to a play off game if I'm liucky enough to draw tickets. The Gold Package ticket holders usually get the short end of the stick though!

I'll be at a local dealer tomorrow and can often get a special deal. If I see something reasonable I'll PM you. This time of year they usually have several really good deals.

BTW, I'm in the Hartland area.

The place I'm going tomorrow is usually a little more up scale but they do offer some really great buys at this time of year. Would you be opposed to a quality demo? I doubt they get used very much and the shop would stand behind it anyway?

Would any of you guys buy this unit to play regular DVD's in .......... instead of HD DVD's ?? That one unit is an A3 isn't that one step up ?

The A2 works awesome as a regular upscaling DVD player - much better picture than my old Oppo DV-980H.

The A3 is just the newer version of the A2 but many people prefer the A2 since it has higher quality audio capabilities compared to the A3.