Cord noise

lightning33

I recently bought a set of Ultimate Ears Metro.Fi 2s. I am in the military and run a good deal. I enjoy the earphones, but you can hear everything through the cord. By this I mean, you can hear it hit your chest when running, zipper of a jacket, wind, you name it. Great earphones excpet for this. I own a set of Klipsch computer speakers and love them! I am considering a set of custom-1 or -2s. Can anyone comment on the cord noise or lack thereof? Also, a comparison between the two? Thanks!

Dear Lightning33,

Thank you for serving our military. I bet you do run a lot now that the sergent is your new mother. You have my utmost respect for standing up for freedom. I wish you the best during your tour of duty.

As far as cord noise goes, I have not demonstrated the Metro's yet, but any IEM that does not wrap around the ear (above) will experience some level of cord noise. This is the string between the cans effect. If you buy the Custom line of products you can minimize your cord noise microphonics. This occures when the cord is tethered behind your head. The vibration is isolated at the cynch and then the bendy wire before it can get to your ear lobe. You may hear a little noise as the ear tip flexes in your ear canal but if the bendy wire is tight this also will be minimized. It won't get much better than this!

Please be sure that you are using the isolation aspect in a safe environment. I wouldn't want you to be put in a dangerous situation when using IEM's.