K77F and K55X Questions

John Warren

John,

The K-55X is just the old familiar Atlas PD-5VH. It is like the older version of the K-55V with the single piece phase plug.

The K-77F is an off shore made copy of the K-77M. Now there is also the K-77D. Probably made in the same place but don't know that for sure. It is different in that the horn is smaller (no flange) and there is a bracket about 3/4 inch back on each side of the horn. That allows the tweeter to be flush mounted through a small hole without using z-bracket.

Here is a trace of the outputs of a K-77M and a K-77F. The dip at 13 khz seems to be real. It is there on the two of the K-77Fs that I have.

Bob Crites

post-9312-13819354564784_thumb.jpg

John,

The K-55X is just the old familiar Atlas PD-5VH. It is like the older version of the K-55V with the single piece phase plug.

Hello Bob, Thanks for chiming in. I wasn't expecting a reintroduction of an older design(?)

jw

John,

I think when you search for current production drivers that work at 400 hz and will screw on to a K-401 horn, your list will just be one driver. The Atlas PD-5VH.

Bob

John,

I think when you search for current production drivers that work at 400 hz and will screw on to a K-401 horn, your list will just be one driver. The Atlas PD-5VH.

Bob

Agreed, however you'd think that being trapped in a tiny design space is the sort of thing only the "little" players in the business would have to deal with.

<sigh>