Members Weekly Music Recommendations Dec. 26

oldbuckster

Boys are all slacking this week, all hungover with Christmas Good Cheer, no doubt, and ol' Thebes must have gotten the Twins something special, Lucky Man ............. Well, I'll keep it short;

CACTUS LIVE ........................ 2006 ................... DVD

After watching this a few times, it becomes better, when I first watched it I was not all that happy with it. Let me explain why, First off, with Tim Bogart, and Carmine Appice in the band, I guess I expected too much from these guys. Yes Mike McCarthy is on Guitar, and some new singer, who is hard for me to watch, and a youngman on harmonic, he's pretty good. I forgot, they are basically a Bar-Room Loud Blues Band, that's what they did in the 70's, that's what they do now. I would say, that after Clapton's Guitar Festival, QUEEN Rocks Montreal, and the Stones, Bigger Bang, I was looking for greatness, and with Cactus, it just isn't there, what they do, they do well, but I was looking for more, and they fell short. I was thinking of restocking my Cactus Collection, but after this disc, I'll hold off, not that this disc isn't good, they just have not progressed with their music. I'm not sorry I bought this disc, but it's all the CACTUS I need ...................... Tim Bogart is one fine Bassist, that opinion hasn't changed ........

My girlfriend asked me to put on some Christmas music christmas morning. I greatly dislike holiday music it makes me want to pull my ears off of my head so to me christmas music is open to interpretation. I chose several Cab Calloway CD and they really did the trick. Christmas was jump'n and jive'n.

A139.jpg

One of the finest treats in my life was to see Cab and his daughter in an intimate club, now gone, in the Georgetown section of DC and to talk to him afterwards.

Almost a generational thing since my (ex) father-in-law used to haunt the roadhosues of the south while a young man and saw him perform way back in the 30's.

Thanks for putting this up while I was away.

One of the finest treats in my life was to see Cab and his daughter in an intimate club, now gone, in the Georgetown section of DC and to talk to him afterwards.

Almost a generational thing since my (ex) father-in-law used to haunt the roadhosues of the south while a young man and saw him perform way back in the 30's.

Thanks for putting this up while I was away.

That is freaking amazing. You got to talk to Cab..WOW WWOOWW