confused about dvd to receiver connections.

shaunm

FINALLY DTS!!!! Man i can hear everything so clear surround sound is so dam good! thanks everyone for all the help! i appreciate it greatly! todd was right i just had to "on" bitstream on my dvd player. i switched to my samsung dvd player and it had that option in the setup. and "puff" DTS on the receiver came on! i was so happy!!!! now i just got to connect my surrounds. but my wire is short i'll just attach another wire to it. using 16gauge. will attaching the speaker wire make a big difference in sound? i dont want to buy another speaker wire. and is 16gauge enough for the surrounds? for the fronts and centre i'm using 12 gauge monster speaker wire.

thanks again!!!!wohoo!!it sounds much nicer than the movie theater! i cant imagine upgrading.

Splicing wire can be problematic & wire is cheap. You've gone to all this trouble to get great sound, don't screw it up now where the sound is actually output. Go buy some new wire.[;)] 16ga will be fine...lowes, home depot, rat shack etc.