How did you wall mount the RS-62? & Bracket Load Ratings

shelbydz28

Ok, I need to wall mount my RS-62 surrounds. The simplest method is probably to find a stud and use the keyhole bracket on the back of the speaker. What are the recommended brackets that use the 1/4-20 inserts on the back of this speaker if I want angle adjustability? Many of the brackets I have found cannot support the weight or size of the speaker. Also, are there any downsides to mounting the speaker upside down if the mount better suits it? They appear to be symmetrical and the grille seems to fit both ways.I have searched the forums but have not found what I am looking for.

Thanks,

Doug

By looking at the RS-62 in the manual, isnt the RS-62 due to its Wide Dispersion intened to mount flat against a back wall, as it projects at 90 degree angle thus two = 180 degrees?

I think that it would be best just to place them flat on wall and not direct it via pointing down exactly directional to the listening position, as thats what the RB series does a directional speaker.

Am I correct with this assumption?

I appreciate your thoughts,

Dave

• Like 1

Here is the link for the mount, http://www.omnimount.com/pro/Product.aspx?productid=DB7C61C7-9A63-4C54-8868-912B03B6B5B5. The other link is for top or bottom of speaker mounts. This is the same type that I have and they have not moved one bit since I installed them.

Dave is correct that these speakers do not need to be pointed toward the listening position.

James

Studio 2000 is bang on! The RS is not a laser beam.

Remember that the RS series are designed to provide a wide, diffuse sound pattern. For this reason they generally DO NOT NEED to be aimed. If you are in such an awkward situation that tilting them down seems to be necessary, I'd seriously rethink your placement within the room. Generally this is caused by sitting against the back wall, in which case the RS speakers are best situated flat to the side walls about 4 feet forward of the rear corners.

So it sounds like mounting them flat is the way to go. I must mount them on the back wall and the listening location is about 2 feet from this wall.On the topic - the wife says these must remain below the line of the couch, not above. The disadvantage to this is that if you slump between the couch and the speaker it will not be heard as well. Is this the only reason the recommended height is above the listening position? It seems as long as the speakers are not in line with the ear the effects would be the same (3ft below vs. 3ft above, etc.)? I know this isn't proper layout, but that is what happens when there is not a dedicated theater room. Doug