Best showoff music for SP-1's

AudioBuff

Hi guys,

Im ecstatic! I just found a, in perfect shape (almost save for the grills) pair of SP-1's for an INSANE price at my local pawn shop, just couldnt pass it up. Im only powering them with a pioneer SX-780 stereo atm, but 40 watts a channel is (as i found out the hard way) plenty when your dealing with speakers the are 94db into 1 watt.

Im just looking for some opinions as to what albums (looking for classic rock) best bring out these speakers better qualities. When i first heard them today (when they were purchased) i thought the horn tweeters wernt the best, but now ive really grown to like them (and thats in only a day :) )

Thanks and i look forward to being a member of this forum!

Congrats on your find! You may want to experiment a bit with positioning of your new speakers to be sure they're sounding as good as they can. At least a little way out from the wall, for instance. Toed-in to where you're sitting, or almost straight ahead, either position will sound different. In the corners will give you more bass, but it might be boomy bass, so they might be better away from the corners. You be the judge. Push them around a bit and do some listening.

Believe it or not, I experimented with the placing of my speakers for over a year. Each change was an improvement, even moving them as little as two inches. Now I think I've got them where I want them and they sound great.

I drag Primus Tales from The Punchbowl along for checking things out. Mrs. Blaileen can make speaker salesguys turn green. Year of the Parrot works well too. It's funny when I yank out their Steely Dan and say let's try this. Wheeeeeee. Sounds like a nice find you scored! Well, I like Steely Dan too of course.